Founding Member
Feb 27, 2022
Gallery
KC
Current Ride
Raptor
First Responder
Paramedic
Tinting the windows is always the first thing I do to my cars. Then probably a ceramic coat/PPF.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Neither tinting nor coatings have much value off-road, so not for me. My focus will be on capabilities. Like winches, lights, storage, maybe a soft-top. Gonna pick some gnarly trails and get after it!

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
Neither tinting nor coatings have much value off-road, so not for me. My focus will be on capabilities. Like winches, lights, storage, maybe a soft-top. Gonna pick some gnarly trails and get after it!
What trails are you going to hit first?

Thenewjs

Founding Member
Feb 21, 2022
Gallery
DC
First Order of business is to:
1. Xpell Stealth PPF or something similar!
2. Under carriage Protection Film
3. Tint
4. Windshield Protection

Not in that exact order!

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
First Order of business is to:
1. Xpell Stealth PPF or something similar!
2. Under carriage Protection Film
3. Tint
4. Windshield Protection

Not in that exact order!
Do you have more information on undercarriage protection? I haven't seen anything on that yet.

CVSJR

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2022
Gallery
Freehold NJ
Upgrade transmission cooling including switching fluid
Paint protection, undecided what type but leaning towards ceramic

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Looks like DV8 Off-Road is going to be making some Bronco Raptor accessories.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Do you have more information on undercarriage protection? I haven't seen anything on that yet.
I think "Thenewjs" was referring to applying paint protection film (PPF) to the undercarriage. Use bulk film and cut to fit in area's of anticipated stone impingement. I have PPF also on undercarriage of my Z06, JK shocks, F350, and 38' boat trailer. Also do the inside door sills where shoes & boots will scuff the paint, easy for anybody to apply and they will look new forever. You do the under side after you've complete the top side and just don't want to stop. I will definitely be wrapping those beautiful orange Fox shocks as I did on my F350 and the Falcons on the JK.

Last edited:

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I think "Thenewjs" was referring to applying paint protection film (PPF) to the undercarriage. Use bulk film and cut to fit in area's of anticipated stone impingement. I have PPF also on undercarriage of my Z06, JK shocks, F350, and 38' boat trailer. Also do the inside door sills where shoes & boots will scuff the paint, easy for anybody to apply and they will look new forever. You do the under side after you've complete the top side and just don't want to stop. I will definitely be wrapping those beautiful orange Fox shocks as I did on my F350 and the Falcons on the JK.
Ah, gotcha! Isn't there some sort of unbody spray that people used in harsh winter climates to treat their vehicles with that would help protect the undercarriage from salt and other road grime?

Jroy

Founding Member
Feb 15, 2022
Georgis
wow. that is BEAUUUUTIFULLLLL.
Ya the PPFs are awesome.
mine is Xpel Stealth with ceramic coating.
Its hard after doing it to a car to not at least PPF it and ceramic it.
No rock pits, etc
What’s the process for taking care of the stealth (or maybe any wrap)? I love the look but have no experience w them.

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
It seems that every photo I have seen shows a trailer hitch hook up, is that standard?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
It seems that every photo I have seen shows a trailer hitch hook up, is that standard?
Yes, 4500 lb tow package is standard on Bronco Raptor
I thought the hitch was standard on all broncos. 3500 pound towing for most of them, 4500 for raptors
3500 lb tow package is optional on other Bronco models, and currently a constraint.

Last edited:

Thenewjs

Founding Member
Feb 21, 2022
Gallery
DC
There several different ones I’ve heard of. Fluid film, Ziebart and there’s alpha cars in mass that does. God job from what I’ve seen. I’m in DC and there’s a company that does it for older model land rovers. Iirc they they will do other makes. I’ve read to stay away from the rubber stuff since it can trap salt.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
There several different ones I’ve heard of. Fluid film, Ziebart and there’s alpha cars in mass that does. God job from what I’ve seen. I’m in DC and there’s a company that does it for older model land rovers. Iirc they they will do other makes. I’ve read to stay away from the rubber stuff since it can trap salt.
Good to know, thanks!

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
Is the silver colored skid plate bare metal or painted? The black ones I'm sure will show dings and scratches but the silver may stand up better. Just a thought.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Ah, gotcha! Isn't there some sort of unbody spray that people used in harsh winter climates to treat their vehicles with that would help protect the undercarriage from salt and other road grime?
On my winter vehicle only, currently a Wrangler, I completely coated the underside including inside cavities with Cosmoline. It does the best at corrosion inhibiting that I have found. It resembles the waxy clear stuff Porsche used in a few strategic locations on the underside of my Cayenne.
Disadvantages:
1. During applicaton you need eye protection and a N95 equivalent or ventilated mask as it really proliferates thru the air. Cover everything nearby including the floor.
2. It softens in the heat, I haven't been on the sand dunes yet on a 90+ degree day but I've been concerned the sand/dirt may cling to it.

Cosmoline Direct - seems a little more application friendly.

I initially spayed the entire Wrangler underside with the CRC Marine product, seems thicker but proliferates a LOT.
CRC Marine - Heavy Duty Corrosion Inhibitor

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
On my winter vehicle only, currently a Wrangler, I completely coated the underside including inside cavities with Cosmoline. It does the best at corrosion inhibiting that I have found. It resembles the waxy clear stuff Porsche used in a few strategic locations on the underside of my Cayenne.
Disadvantages:
1. During applicaton you need eye protection and a N95 equivalent or ventilated mask as it really proliferates thru the air. Cover everything nearby including the floor.
2. It softens in the heat, I haven't been on the sand dunes yet on a 90+ degree day but I've been concerned the sand/dirt may cling to it.

Cosmoline Direct - seems a little more application friendly.

I initially spayed the entire Wrangler underside with the CRC Marine product, seems thicker but proliferates a LOT.
CRC Marine - Heavy Duty Corrosion Inhibitor
Interesting! Sounds like if you drive heavily salted roads then it's probably something to consider.

Top Member Reactions