Gallery
Panama City Beach
Current Ride
23MY Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
BMW X5 M Sport
First Responder
Former Firefighter/Medic
Not enough information to give you a definitive answer. Do you have a signed COVP and/or DORA? Did you switch model years?

Ford Bronco Support, 800-334-4375
Tim Bartz’s (Ford Video Guy) Tuesday, 4/18, podcast.

Ford Bronco Support confirmed what Tim Bartz has stated, “within the model year price protection is in effect and every time we talk about a price increase we tell you that they're automatically price protected so they will always be price protected within the model year so if you put in an order anytime throughout the model year you're locked into the price of what it was when you ordered the vehicle …. Ford will honor it, it's up to the dealerships to honor it as well.”
None of that matters with the Raptor series. They are not price protected from Ford Motor Copany.
Definitely NOT my experience for a 10-06-2022 COVP and a 04-21-2023 signing. There were 3 price increases in between, but Ford and the dealer honored the original MY23 COVP price. 🏆
The selling dealership honored your price, NOT FORD. The Bronco Raptor is 100% excluded from price protection. I work in the industry and have delivered 100s of Broncos and many Raptors including my very own Bronco Raptor that was pushed from a 2022 to a 2023 and went up $5,000. Honestly do you think I wanted to pay the $5,000 extra in MSRP? HELL NO, but Ford does not have a price protection on the Bronco Raptor or Everglades Bronco.

Bravo to your delivering dealer to take a loss on the sale though. There’s not $5,000 in profit on the Bronco Raptor from invoice to MSRP.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
None of that matters with the Raptor series. They are not price protected from Ford Motor Copany.

The selling dealership honored your price, NOT FORD. The Bronco Raptor is 100% excluded from price protection. I work in the industry and have delivered 100s of Broncos and many Raptors including my very own Bronco Raptor that was pushed from a 2022 to a 2023 and went up $5,000. Honestly do you think I wanted to pay the $5,000 extra in MSRP? HELL NO, but Ford does not have a price protection on the Bronco Raptor or Everglades Bronco.

Bravo to your delivering dealer to take a loss on the sale though. There’s not $5,000 in profit on the Bronco Raptor from invoice to MSRP.
No ones arguing that the 2022 to 2023 $5k price increase was not protected. It wasn’t.

But the other $13k intra-2023 increases have been protected in a number of instances I’ve seen on the forums for folks who converted 2022 to 2023. As you say, there isn’t that much margin for the dealer to absorb those increases, so that seems to indicate Ford is price protecting intra-2023 increases.

Even if I’m wrong, based on @ChiliPepper experience, it would be silly not to ask the dealer to protect them for the intra-2023 price increases because someone said there is no protection, right or wrong.

BRaptor19

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2022
Gallery
Panama City Beach
Current Ride
23MY Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
BMW X5 M Sport
First Responder
Former Firefighter/Medic
No ones arguing that the 2022 to 2023 $5k price increase was not protected. It wasn’t.

But the other $13k intra-2023 increases have been protected in a number of instances I’ve seen on the forums for folks who converted 2022 to 2023. As you say, there isn’t that much margin for the dealer to absorb those increases, so that seems to indicate Ford is price protecting intra-2023 increases.

Even if I’m wrong, based on @ChiliPepper experience, it would be silly not to ask the dealer to protect them for the intra-2023 price increases because someone said there is no protection, right or wrong.
Honest question, why should any dealer eat Ford’s increased cost to produce the vehicle? Before answering seriously think of this from a business standpoint.

This is why our dealership fully discloses that we do not control production cost, that’s Ford, and we’ll sale at MSRP (+\- any additional fees negotiated at ordering).

66bronco

Founding Member
Aug 20, 2022
Gallery
Military
USN
Current Ride
66 Bronco
Any follow up on this? Mine is already built with the window sticker showing $90K... Mine was a dealer allocation that I received back in "22 but should I still be able to have price protection or am I screwed?

Thanks
It's still in shipment as of 5/25... But dealer did say that since I had a signed DORA back in Oct 22, they would honor the MSRP on it. While the dealer was verifying, in parallel I called Ford customer service and got the run around. Dealer can charge what ever they want blah blah blah... they never directly answered the question "is a DORA price honored," but I assume they would have if I needed to keep pressing, that is if my dealer hadn't already confirmed they had called Ford and got confirmation they to honor the DORA price.

still waiting for it to actually arrive and sign the dotted line.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
It's still in shipment as of 5/25... But dealer did say that since I had a signed DORA back in Oct 22, they would honor the MSRP on it. While the dealer was verifying, in parallel I called Ford customer service and got the run around. Dealer can charge what ever they want blah blah blah... they never directly answered the question "is a DORA price honored," but I assume they would have if I needed to keep pressing, that is if my dealer hadn't already confirmed they had called Ford and got confirmation they to honor the DORA price.

still waiting for it to actually arrive and sign the dotted line.
Good luck! I hope it works out favorably.

stumpm2

Founding Member
Jun 10, 2022
Gallery
Rockies
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 F350 Tremor, 1967 Ford Bronco
Just picked my golden ticket up this week finally. Took a bit of fighting and threats to call Ford, but ultimately got my original October 2022 pricing.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Just picked my golden ticket up this week finally. Took a bit of fighting and threats to call Ford, but ultimately got my original October 2022 pricing.
Congratulations on the delivery and your persistent negotiating skills! Your dealer did right by you. Let us know your driving impressions and we love pics.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
To be clear, did you get the 2023 price that was announced in Oct 22 or the 2022 MSRP? I would expect the former, but if you got the latter, then Bravo!

66bronco

Founding Member
Aug 20, 2022
Gallery
Military
USN
Current Ride
66 Bronco
Good luck! I hope it works out favorably.
Raptor is at the dealer. Arrived Friday and getting prep'd. A few days yet to get it registered before I can drive it off the lot but I now have the signed sales agreement. Dealer (great dealer btw) called Ford again while I was there to confirm he could sell at the model year MSRP from Oct 22 on my DORA. I understand his apprehension and that he wanted to double check that he didn't have to sell at the current - jacked up - MSRP, but I had a signed contract from Ford, via the dealership to purchase at a given price - seems like the proper outcome to me. Day two order, waited nearly three years for it to arrive.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Raptor is at the dealer. Arrived Friday and getting prep'd. A few days yet to get it registered before I can drive it off the lot but I now have the signed sales agreement. Dealer (great dealer btw) called Ford again while I was there to confirm he could sell at the model year MSRP from Oct 22 on my DORA. I understand his apprehension and that he wanted to double check that he didn't have to sell at the current - jacked up - MSRP, but I had a signed contract from Ford, via the dealership to purchase at a given price - seems like the proper outcome to me. Day two order, waited nearly three years for it to arrive.
Glad to hear that they got to the right answer pretty quickly. Now that the wait is over, I hope you enjoy your truck as much as I’ve been enjoying mine,

Bear007

Mar 19, 2023
Gallery
Fort McMurry Alberta
Current Ride
09 Spyder Eclipse
Current Ride #2
2023 Braptor
Just took delivery of my Code Orange fully loaded Bronco Raptor Ordered Oct 07 2022 waited 8 months. Paid the MSRP agreed on original invoice. $3000. Less than current MSRP. St Paul Albert Canada. Had to sign an agreement not to sell it in the States for 6 months and 15,000 kilometres. That’s ok

BRaptor19

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2022
Gallery
Panama City Beach
Current Ride
23MY Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
BMW X5 M Sport
First Responder
Former Firefighter/Medic
Just took delivery of my Code Orange fully loaded Bronco Raptor Ordered Oct 07 2022 waited 8 months. Paid the MSRP agreed on original invoice. $3000. Less than current MSRP. St Paul Albert Canada. Had to sign an agreement not to sell it in the States for 6 months and 15,000 kilometres. That’s ok
Congrats my friend! What do you mean by fully loaded. I’m curious because everyone seems to think theirs is fully loaded but most are base Raptor packages.

Bear007

Mar 19, 2023
Gallery
Fort McMurry Alberta
Current Ride
09 Spyder Eclipse
Current Ride #2
2023 Braptor
Congrats my friend! What do you mean by fully loaded. I’m curious because everyone seems to think theirs is fully loaded but most are base Raptor packages.
Lux headlock capable rims, keys entry, code orange seat belts. Carbon fibre leather seats. Not big on graphics Checked just about every box. Or a base Raptor

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Congratulations! You'll love it!

cartlin

Jul 19, 2023
Miami
Current Ride
1995 F150
Current Ride #2
1991 Porsche 911
I paid MSRP for mine this month upon arrival. Order date was December on the DORA. Dealer is telling me they will submit to Ford for price protection and I should expect a $12k check in a few months (assuming it is submitted, rejected, submitted again). Rejection is expected because I ordered in my name, but purchased and registered under a company name.

Anyone here have to pay the "new" MSRP and wait for a refund, and got one?

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
Well that's curious. :unsure: Looks like the Destination Charge increased $100 since 10-MAY.

1689796458914.png

1689796645536.png

Last edited:

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Excerpt from a Ford letter to dealerships . . .

Ford_PriceProtection.jpg

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
I paid MSRP for mine this month upon arrival. Order date was December on the DORA. Dealer is telling me they will submit to Ford for price protection and I should expect a $12k check in a few months (assuming it is submitted, rejected, submitted again). Rejection is expected because I ordered in my name, but purchased and registered under a company name.

Anyone here have to pay the "new" MSRP and wait for a refund, and got one?
Interesting . . . in the meantime you pay taxes on the larger sale price. Of which the delta you won't get back.

Top Member Reactions