66bronco

Founding Member
Aug 20, 2022
Gallery
Military
USN
Current Ride
66 Bronco
Bummer, I always hate to hear a sad story. My story isn't as bad and has a happy ending. Try this link. The key is your signed COVP and the DORA. Good luck!

66bronco

[edit] More thoughts . . . If your Golden Ticket COVP is time stamped March 2022 (for MY22), then you were price protected throughout the MY22. Assuming your order was converted to MY23, then you should have gotten a new COVP around SEP-OCT for MY23. Given your MY23 order is now being built in MY23, you are price protected back to your OCT 2022 MY23 COVP. True it is more than your MAR 2022 cost, but much less than the APR 2023 window sticker. Also see this link.
Thanks for the assist. All true. I'll look into the COVP. I don't recall getting anything other than confirmation on website that my order was received and in process. The online order status shows the $73k base price. I'll keep digging.

66bronco

Founding Member
Aug 20, 2022
Gallery
Military
USN
Current Ride
66 Bronco

Mcurtis137

Mar 9, 2023
Gallery
S. California
Current Ride
2023 Braptor
Current Ride #2
1966 International Scout
I’ll just say that I paid more than I wanted to when I bought mine from a dealer in February and got less value for my trade-in than I expected. 3 months later I am feeling much better about the deal I made, and at one point they had my trade-in listed for $10k less than I had expected it to sell for.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
golden ticket as well, paid MSRP great people at Danvers motors MA, Mark and Travis were great not only that Travis is a awesome cook too.
Welcome to the forum! 🍻 Congratulations on your delivery at MSRP

JMCBraptor

Feb 18, 2023
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
2021 Ram 3500 Megacab
Current Ride #2
Escalade V ,Raptor R, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
People are like a heards of sheep! They just follow along! If you keep paying these insane prices why would you think the manufactures wouldn't catch on? Its the same with the gas companies! We keep paying the crazy prices; why would they ever charge less! We all need to come together and make the change! If we decide to not pay the inflated prices these companies would normalize pricing. Pretty simple

66bronco

Founding Member
Aug 20, 2022
Gallery
Military
USN
Current Ride
66 Bronco
Thanks for the assist. All true. I'll look into the COVP. I don't recall getting anything other than confirmation on website that my order was received and in process. The online order status shows the $73k base price. I'll keep digging.
update:
I think the train might be back on the tracks. I informed my dealer of what I learned here and requested he try to contact Ford and get confirmation. He called me yesterday and confirmed that since I had a DORA from Oct 22, yes they will honor the listed price at the time, all I need to do is sit back and wait. Still a $5k increase from my original March 22 order, but $11k less than the issued window sticker.

It’s being built this week, and hopefully on the lot in May. After nearly three years of waiting, it will be good to finally have the new bronco.

Thanks for the assist.

JMCBraptor

Feb 18, 2023
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
2021 Ram 3500 Megacab
Current Ride #2
Escalade V ,Raptor R, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
update:
I think the train might be back on the tracks. I informed my dealer of what I learned here and requested he try to contact Ford and get confirmation. He called me yesterday and confirmed that since I had a DORA from Oct 22, yes they will honor the listed price at the time, all I need to do is sit back and wait. Still a $5k increase from my original March 22 order, but $11k less than the issued window sticker.

It’s being built this week, and hopefully on the lot in May. After nearly three years of waiting, it will be good to finally have the new bronco.

Thanks for the assist.
i did the same wait... got mine last week... its worth the wait!

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
Activated my FordPass. Now I can keep track Parker's joy riding. Looks like he needs to fill the tank before I get there next week.
72555.png
He asked me to not start the truck while it's on the show room floor.
😉

Bakedbeanz007

Founding Member
Mar 15, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
update:

Thanks for the assist.
Any follow up on this? Mine is already built with the window sticker showing $90K... Mine was a dealer allocation that I received back in "22 but should I still be able to have price protection or am I screwed?

Thanks

BRaptor19

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2022
Gallery
Panama City Beach
Current Ride
23MY Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
BMW X5 M Sport
First Responder
Former Firefighter/Medic
Any follow up on this? Mine is already built with the window sticker showing $90K... Mine was a dealer allocation that I received back in "22 but should I still be able to have price protection or am I screwed?

Thanks
There’s zero price protection on the Raptor. Ford has stated that from the beginning!

BRaptor19

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2022
Gallery
Panama City Beach
Current Ride
23MY Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
BMW X5 M Sport
First Responder
Former Firefighter/Medic
I'm certain this has been asked and answered somewhere but I'm having a hard time navigating this site. I'm an aspiring owner but most certainly not going to pay 20-50 over MSRP
99% of all Ford dealers have charged an addendum since the inception of the Ford Raptor. It’s really not uncommon, long before Covid ever was a thing.

If your an inspiring owner, Raptors cost a premium when buying them new, used, having them maintained, etc…

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
There’s zero price protection on the Raptor. Ford has stated that from the beginning!
my Understanding is that if you had a 2022 order converted to 2023 you will not receive price protection for the change in MSRP from 2022 to 2023 (Approx $5k increase). However, your order was re-entered for a 2023 and you should receive price protection for any increases since you placed your order (Whatever was on your DORA or equivalent document).

Dont take advice from the internet otherwise. Work with your dealer now before your vehicle is delivered to clarify this. Good luck

BRaptor19

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2022
Gallery
Panama City Beach
Current Ride
23MY Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
BMW X5 M Sport
First Responder
Former Firefighter/Medic
Just curious because of the posts above.
Dealers honoring the price is completely different than Ford’s price protection. Ford’s MSRP changes quarterly on every vehicle they build. That’s why when customers order vehicles with me I fully disclose it will be “MSRP at time of delivery” along with any discount or addendum we agreed to.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder

Thanks
Not enough information to give you a definitive answer. Do you have a signed COVP and/or DORA? Did you switch model years?

Ford Bronco Support, 800-334-4375
Tim Bartz’s (Ford Video Guy) Tuesday, 4/18, podcast.

Ford Bronco Support confirmed what Tim Bartz has stated, “within the model year price protection is in effect and every time we talk about a price increase we tell you that they're automatically price protected so they will always be price protected within the model year so if you put in an order anytime throughout the model year you're locked into the price of what it was when you ordered the vehicle …. Ford will honor it, it's up to the dealerships to honor it as well.”

BRaptor19

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2022
Gallery
Panama City Beach
Current Ride
23MY Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
BMW X5 M Sport
First Responder
Former Firefighter/Medic
Not enough information to give you a definitive answer. Do you have a signed COVP and/or DORA? Did you switch model years?

Ford Bronco Support, 800-334-4375
Tim Bartz’s (Ford Video Guy) Tuesday, 4/18, podcast.

Ford Bronco Support confirmed what Tim Bartz has stated, “within the model year price protection is in effect and every time we talk about a price increase we tell you that they're automatically price protected so they will always be price protected within the model year so if you put in an order anytime throughout the model year you're locked into the price of what it was when you ordered the vehicle …. Ford will honor it, it's up to the dealerships to honor it as well.”
None of that matters with the Raptor series. They are not price protected from Ford Motor Company.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 30

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Definitely NOT my experience for a 10-06-2022 COVP and a 04-21-2023 signing. There were 3 price increases in between, but Ford and the dealer honored the original MY23 COVP price. 🏆

Top Member Reactions