Just Announced: The Bronco Off-Roadeo Raptor Experience!

off-roadeo bronco raptor.jpg

SOMETHING THRILLING IS COMING SOON FOR BRONCO RAPTOR!​

Owners of the all-new Ford Bronco® Raptor™, designed and engineered by Ford Performance, will be able to experience the ultimate desert conquering, rock-crawling and Built Wild™ off-road adventure. This exciting owner experience will be breaking ground on Mt. Potosi, the home of Bronco Off-Roadeo Nevada.

Click below to receive the latest news and updates.

Stay Connected

Attachments

• off-roadeo bronco raptor.jpg
    off-roadeo bronco raptor.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 13,599

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
When it was our turn to hit the Ultra 4 course everyone got excited, because this was it the chance to jump a Bronco Raptor. Most importantly someone else's Bronco Raptor. The rain had started to sprinkle pretty consistently. This actually benefited us greatly as it laid down the clouds of fine grain silica dust that cover the valley. Everyone with two drivers got to take one lap each. Since I was the only person there solo I got the privilege of driving it twice.
I had Tony as my driving instructor and he was awesome. I went last so I a bit nervous as now I was doing my laps in front of the whole group. I listened to everything Tony had to impart about taking the first lap slow and learning the course. My right foot however had not been listening it turned out and took the very first sharp turn too fast and wide. Which meant I total messed my up first jump and didn't get any air at all. I did good on the rest of the course. After some more tips from Tony I did much better on my second run. I cut the first turn short, increased the throttle and nailed the jump with a ego reaffirming about of air. The rest of the course went by pretty well but not as good as my first run. I fell into the deep ruts a couple of times and it really slowed me down.

It looks like you had R12 for the day. I started in R19 but when that one went down I took R12 for my passes at the Ultra4 course and can attest that R12 is more than capable of getting off the ground.

That first hairpin was somewhat tricky to come out of it with decent momentum to carry into the jump. The entire day was a blast but after the Ultra4 I think my favorite part was the drive out to Raptor Valley with all of the washouts and that short high-speed run. The return trail drive was fun as well but our group had a very inexperienced driver in the lead as our instructor needed to be with them so it really slowed down the pace...which I can't say I was appreciative of.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
Here’s my initial feedback from the Raptor Experience at the Mt Potosi Bronco Off-Roadeo.
Good to see they got the bugs worked out. Great write up.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
It looks like you had R12 for the day. I started in R19 but when that one went down I took R12 for my passes at the Ultra4 course and can attest that R12 is more than capable of getting off the ground.

That first hairpin was somewhat tricky to come out of it with decent momentum to carry into the jump. The entire day was a blast but after the Ultra4 I think my favorite part was the drive out to Raptor Valley with all of the washouts and that short high-speed run. The return trail drive was fun as well but our group had a very inexperienced driver in the lead as our instructor needed to be with them so it really slowed down the pace...which I can't say I was appreciative of.
Yep, I had R12 also.

Bronctor

Aug 18, 2023
Gallery
Pensacola, Florida
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
1966 Mustang Fastback

Yep good ole R12.
Yeah first time I took the turn I thought I needed to hug the outside of the chicane to build speed for the ramp, but it was too rutted. I did better turning inside and tight and then punching it. Id love to have a another day out there to really play on the course.

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
US Army Military Police K9
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Wow thanks for the fantastic update. I am scheduled in late October. Did they provide the camera for the n-vehicle video camera package $65?
Thanks
Garry

Bronctor

Aug 18, 2023
Gallery
Pensacola, Florida
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
1966 Mustang Fastback
Wow thanks for the fantastic update. I am scheduled in late October. Did they provide the camera for the n-vehicle video camera package $65?
Thanks
Garry
Yes its already installed in the vehicles that have it. Its first come first served so I'd recommend getting there early if you want one of the equipped Bronco Raptors.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Yes its already installed in the vehicles that have it. Its first come first served so I'd recommend getting there early if you want one of the equipped Bronco Raptors.

Agreed. If you choose not to purchase the VBox package and/or want to mount your own camera on the Dashboard Accessory Port I'd recommend bringing a small set of pliers.

When they had to put me in the recovery vehicle for the ride back to Basecamp that one had some sort of mount in it already and it was in there too tight for any of us to twist out. One of the instructors said it was a good reminder as a previous group had reported it yet they hadn't remembered to remove it as of yet. The point is there's always a chance that someone will leave their mount in the accessory port so just be prepared with something simple to remove it.

And one more thing: don't be like me and leave your V-Box USB drive in your locker at Basecamp. I wasn't paying attention when she gave it to me and just tossed it in my bag of stuff. One of the guys had to run over and grab one for me before we set off for the morning.

Jetg

Founding Member
Mar 9, 2022
Gallery
Houston, Tx
Damn the weather they just cancelled for tomorrows event. Currently stuck in LA and hope we can still get in this evening. Just hope I can get a refund for the wife/guest that might not be able to attend at a later date. Also had Jelly Roll floor tickets and those are going to waste.

Last edited:

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Damn the weather they just cancelled for tomorrows event. Currently stuck in LA and hope we can still get in this evening. Just hope I can get a refund for the wife/guest that might not be able to attend at a later date. Also had Jelly Roll floor tickets and those are going to waste.

There’s different levels of Suck and this one certainly feels up there. Sorry to hear about it. Take it in stride and find a way to get out there as it’s worth it.

Jetg

Founding Member
Mar 9, 2022
Gallery
Houston, Tx
There’s different levels of Suck and this one certainly feels up there. Sorry to hear about it. Take it in stride and find a way to get out there as it’s worth it.
This whole trip was a disaster. Flight diverted to LA, missed Jelly Roll (490) event was cancelled with guest (1200) no contact from ford on refund till it can be rescheduled. Decided we didn’t need the rental so we Uber to the cosmopolitan and driver forgot to cancel ride till 2+hrs later. Got charged 124 and had to get fixed on our first night Friday. We chalked it up and said let’s have a good time. Then the hotel had 4 of the 6 elevators go out for the past two days so catching an elevators on average was 20-30min. To the point I took the stairs and it dumped me on the street just to make it to the marque day bar. The first 3 days the room wasn’t serviced so we asked to finally get it serviced. The shower clogged up the toilet clogged up and had to have it serviced yesterday. I think the best thing about this trip will be going back home today.

Off rodeo sent an email with a full refund so that is good news. I still plan to attend if possible future dates work.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions