Just Announced: The Bronco Off-Roadeo Raptor Experience!

off-roadeo bronco raptor.jpg

SOMETHING THRILLING IS COMING SOON FOR BRONCO RAPTOR!​

Owners of the all-new Ford Bronco® Raptor™, designed and engineered by Ford Performance, will be able to experience the ultimate desert conquering, rock-crawling and Built Wild™ off-road adventure. This exciting owner experience will be breaking ground on Mt. Potosi, the home of Bronco Off-Roadeo Nevada.

Click below to receive the latest news and updates.

Stay Connected

Attachments

• off-roadeo bronco raptor.jpg
    off-roadeo bronco raptor.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 13,599

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Fingers crossed I don’t get an email in the next day or so that the course is closed due to damage from the weather. We’re flying out Thursday and I’m scheduled for 8A Friday. From what I can tell most of the flood warnings are further north…but you never know.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
Fingers crossed I don’t get an email in the next day or so that the course is closed due to damage from the weather. We’re flying out Thursday and I’m scheduled for 8A Friday. From what I can tell most of the flood warnings are further north…but you never know.
🤞
1692669273271.png

Last edited:

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
Did anyone get the added insurance? Considering the airbags went off who is responsible?
I did, but wished I hadn't. Obviously the driver of that air bag issue needed it. The $150 insurance policy only limits the amount of damage you pay by $3500.

Remember, insurance is just a way of spreading the risk of a downside. Your betting on an accident and the other side is betting you will not have an accident. The probability is always on the other side.

Last edited:

Jetg

Founding Member
Mar 9, 2022
Gallery
Houston, Tx
I did, but wished I hadn't. Obviously the driver of that air bag issue needed it. The $150 insurance policy only limits the amount of damage you pay by $3500.

Remember, insurance is just a way of spreading the risk of a downside. Your betting on an accident and the other side is betting you will not have an accident. The probability is always on the other side.
Yep that is how I looked at it when signing up and didn't get it since it is only for 3500 which is negligible considering the amount of damage you can do.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Just attended yesterday…no need for long pants at all. I wore shorts and a long-sleeve water shirt/hoodie just to have some sun protection. Most people were in shorts/tee shirts, a few wore pants simply from the e-mails of what to wear. I highly suspect that long sleeve/pants are suggested as a CYA more than anything else.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Just attended yesterday…no need for long pants at all. I wore shorts and a long-sleeve water shirt/hoodie just to have some sun protection. Most people were in shorts/tee shirts, a few wore pants simply from the e-mails of what to wear. I highly suspect that long sleeve/pants are suggested as a CYA more than anything else.
I applaud your efforts but the Trail App has been a non-starter since its introduction. I hear nothing but frustrations from people that try getting it to work consistently. I’m glad you had other methods to collect data and video. Can’t wait to see the Liftoff!

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Here’s my initial feedback from the Raptor Experience at the Mt Potosi Bronco Off-Roadeo. I had the opportunity to attend the Off-Roadeo at Horseshoe Bay last year and can state that this is an experience at a different level.

In short it’s the most fun I’ve had behind the wheel of a vehicle…ever. Don’t get me wrong by my time behind the wheel of 911s, AMGs, R8s, McLarens and other sports cars have been a lot of fun but this is just another level. The adrenaline from hitting the trails with almost no concern about damaging the vehicle, bending a rim or injuring yourself/others is just different.

Location/Raptor Basecamp:
The Raptor Experience is on the same overall property as the Bronco Off-Roadeo but a completely separate building tailor-made for the Raptor. It’s not that it’s nicer, just unique. The merchandise section also has a large qty of items unique for the Raptor so I spent more than I probably should have over there knowing that I probably won’t get access to those items again without a return trip.

Raptor Fleet:
There were 2 groups for the day (8A & 9A) and about 14 attendees in total (not counting +1s). While the vehicles were in ‘good‘ condition there were clear indicators of the hard life they were living. Many had the front panel that sits below the grille (sorry, loss for words of the proper term) that had come loose on the corners. The instructors commented that they have learned that the flex of the frame was causing some of the trim clips to break so not body damage. The rattles from inside the vehicle was much more pronounced than I get in mine. The roof had more road noise and decent rattles from the rear cargo area.

As for overall reliability, the one item that they commented was a key learning was the Fan Relays would fail regularly until they determined the cause. Basically the high dust from the landscape was building up in the fan causing greater stress on the motor. They eventually figured it out and now blow out the fan at the end of every day and no longer have these failures.

We did have 3 vehicles go down of the 8 in my group…and I caused 2 of them :ROFLMAO:. My vehicle was just fine all day until we arrived at Raptor Valley. After a 90ish minute drive the CEL went on. They determined while we were out there that it was related to Sta-Bar disconnect issues, so I moved to another truck. Well that one went into Limp Mode 1/2-way through my first run of the Ultra4 course with no real understanding of the cause at the moment. I finished the day driving the recovery vehicle (named so as it was carrying all of the recovery gear).

My take on the issues is that these things are pounded week after week and should almost be expected to need some help from time to time. What I didn’t see were any issues with fender flares, undercarriage damage or other items. We drove them hard and they kept asking for more.

My group instructor for the day was Kai. Really cool dude that I’d love to have had the opportunity to spend more time with. I started the day as the lead vehicle with him so we got to chat a lot about every topic. Mid-way through the Mt Potosi Trail Drive course he needed to shift to another vehicle as that couple needed that hands-on guidance in order to not slow down the entire group too much.

V-Box Option:
If you can, opt for this option as you’re able to capture your drives on video with overlays of the driving data. I’ve included some of those clips below. I also brought my Insta360 Action Cam and will be going through that video later in the week to see if there’s anything all that different/better than the V-Box videos but not really expecting much other than a couple of drives that didn’t seem to get captured properly.

ORX and Mt Potosi Trail Drive Courses:
Mid-Grade Trail/Rock-Crawling courses apparently built specifically for the Raptor. I’m sure a Sasquatch could make it though these courses but not nearly as easily as the Raptor tackled it. You really get a feeling of the various tools available in terms of Modes, Hero Switches, Mirrors, Spotters and overall Driver Input. It’s a good way to get the day started and start developing understanding if not confidence of the capabilities of the BRaptor. I’ve spent some decent time rock-crawling previously so nothing that was very un-nerving.

Trail Ride to Raptor Valley:

I’m not going to say that this was my favorite part of the day, but it was close. Really aggressive drive through various landscapes that demonstrated the unique functionality of the BRaptor to take these types of trails at speed. I didn’t get my BRaptor for rock crawling but rather to push some speed across some of these off-road trails. This part of the day justified the difference of the Raptor suspension and my choice to purchase one. I even got mine up over 50 mph in a couple of sections. Here’s a couple of videos from this section:

Raptor Run Course:
This was a decent bridge between the ORX and Ultra4 courses. Some really slow crawling which we used the Trail Control feature mixed with some aggressive driving across some whoops and finishing with a Rock Waterfall section. This part was interesting but not necessarily a favorite part of my day.

Ultra4 Course:
Star of the show…what we’re all there for. Even though I have a decent amount of high-speed or off-road experience there’s still some anxiousness going into this course. First of all, the instructor-driven lap shows you just how much you can push these and makes you wonder if you can come anywhere close. Secondly you want to get big air on that first jump. While my first pass wasn’t tentative, I wasn’t satisfied with my aggressiveness nor my jump. I think I took care of that with pass number 2. I need to double-check the video but think I cut 5+ sec from my time and certainly got more air on the jump than my first pass. I’m awaiting the pictures to come in for final judgement but hopeful.

As it turns out, my instructor for the Ultra4 round was the same guy (Tony) that was onboard when that Raptor blew the airbags a few weeks ago. Apparently what happened was the guy gunned it at the top of the slope when he needed to come off and the rear tires bounced into the top of the slope which caused the entire vehicle to over-rotate forward. He said that Gittin wanted them to have this section as a 2nd jump to be done at 35+ mph but it’s just too much for most drivers (the BRaptor can handle it all day with the proper technique).

Summary:
If you haven’t already been, the find a way to attend. You will not be disappointed. Unless The weather gets really cold, just wear shorts and whatever shirt you’re comfortable with, if not layers. I started in a tee-shirt but swapped to a long-sleeve sun shirt just for some added sun protection. Purchase the V-Box Video option If you have any interest to watch it again if not share your experience. And lastly be willing to put yourself in uncomfortable positions…push yourself, learn and improve.

IMG_4896.jpeg

IMG_4910.jpeg

71468145973__D4841603-7417-47C6-B3F7-782BB52C3D98.jpeg

IMG_4922.jpeg

IMG_4924.jpeg

Last edited:

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
Here’s my initial feedback from the Raptor Experience at the Mt Potosi Bronco Off-Roadeo. I had the opportunity to attend the Off-Roadeo at Horseshoe Bay last year and can state that this is an experience at a different level.

In short it’s the most fun I’ve had behind the wheel of a vehicle…ever. Don’t get me wrong by my time behind the wheel of 911s, AMGs, R8s, McLarens and other sports cars have been a lot of fun but this is just another level. The adrenaline from hitting the trails with almost no concern about damaging the vehicle, bending a rim or injuring yourself/others is just different.

Location/Raptor Basecamp:
The Raptor Experience is on the same overall property as the Bronco Off-Roadeo but a completely separate building tailor-made for the Raptor. It’s not that it’s nicer, just unique. The merchandise section also has a large qty of items unique for the Raptor so I spent more than I probably should have over there knowing that I probably won’t get access to those items again without a return trip.

Raptor Fleet:
There were 2 groups for the day (8A & 9A) and about 14 total attendees in totaL (not counting +1s). While the vehicles were in ‘good‘ condition there were clear indicators of the hard-life they were living. Many had the front panel that sits below the grille (sorry, loss for words of the proper term) that had come loose on the corners. The instructors commented that they have learned that the flex of the frame was causing some of the trim clips to break so not body damage. The rattles from inside the vehicle was much more pronounced than I get in mine. The roof had more road noise and decent rattles from the rear cargo area.

As for overall reliability, the one item that they commented was a key learning was the Fan Relays would fail regularly until they determined the cause. Basically the high dust from the landscape was building up in the fan causing greater stress on the motor. They eventually figured it out and now blow out the fan at the end of every day and no longer have these failures.

We did have 3 vehicles go down of the 8 in my group…and I caused 2 of them :ROFLMAO:. My vehicle was just fine all day until we arrived at Raptor Valley. After a 90is minute drive the CEL went on. They determined while we were out there that it was related to Sta-Bar disconnect issues, so I moved to another truck. Well that one went into Limp Mode 1/2-way through my first run of the Ultra4 course with no real understanding of the cause at the moment. I finished the day driving the recovery vehicle (named so as it was carrying all of the recovery gear).

My take on the issues is that these things are pounded week after week and should almost be expected to need some help from time to time. What I didn’t see were any issues with fender flares, undercarriage damage or other items. We drive them hard and they kept asking for more.

My group instructor for the day was Kai. Really cool dude that I’d love to have had the opportunity to spend more time with. I started the day as the lead vehicle with him so we got to chat a lot about every topic. Mid-way through the ORX course he needed to shift to another vehicle as that couple needed that hands-on guidance in order to not slow down the entire group too much.

V-Box Option:
If you can, opt for this option as you’re able to capture your drives on video with overlays of the driving data. I’ve included some of those clips below. I also brought my Insta360 Action Cam and will be going through that video later in the week to see if there’s anything all that different/better than the V-Box videos but not really expecting much other than a couple of drives that didn’t seem to get captured properly.

ORX Course:
Mid-Grade Trail/Rock-Crawling course that’s apparently built specifically for the Raptor. I’m sure a Sasquatch could make it though this course but not nearly as easily as the Raptor tackled it. You really get a feeling of the various tools available in terms of Modes, Hero Switches, Mirrors, Spotters and overall Driver Input. It’s a good way to get the day started and start developing understanding if not confidence of the capabilities of the BRaptor. I’ve spent some decent time rock-crawling previously so nothing that was very un-nerving.

Trail Ride to Raptor Valley:

I’m not going to say that this was my favorite part of the day, but it was close. Really aggressive drive through various landscapes that demonstrated the unique functionality of the BRaptor to take these types of trails at speed. I didn’t get my BRaptor for rock crawling but rather to push some speed across some of these off-road trails. This part of the day justified the difference of the Raptor suspension and my choice to purchase one. I even got mine up over 50 mph in a couple of sections. Here’s a couple of videos from this section:

Raptor Run Course:
This was a decent bridge between the ORX and Ultra4 courses. Some really slow crawling which we used the Trail Control feature mixed with some aggressive driving across some whoops and finishing with a Rock Waterfall section. This part was interesting but not necessarily a favorite part of my day.

Ultra4 Course:
Star of the show…what we’re all there for. Even though I have a decent amount of high-speed or off-road experience there’s still some anxiousness going into this course. First of all, the instructor-driven lap shows you just how much you can push these and makes you wonder if you can come anywhere close. Secondly you want to get big-air on that first jump. While my first pass wasn’t tentative, I wasn’t satisfied with my aggressiveness nor my jump. I think I took care of that with pass number 2. I need to double-check the video but think I cut 5+ sec from my time and certainly got more air on the jump than my first pass. I’m awaiting the pictures to come in for final judgement but hopeful.

As it turns out, my instructor for the Ultra4 round was the same guy (Tony) that was onboard when that Raptor blew the airbags a few weeks ago. Apparently what happened was the guy gunned it at the top of the slope when he needed to come off and the rear tires bounced into the top of the slope which caused the entire vehicle to over-rotate forward. He said that Gittin wanted them to have this section as a 2nd jump to be done at 35+ mph but it’s just too much for most drivers (the BRaptor can handle it all day with the proper technique).

Summary:
If you haven’t already been, the find a way to attend. You will not be disappointed. Unless The weather gets really cold, just wear shorts and whatever shirt you’re comfortable with, if not layers. I started in a tee-shirt but swapped to a long-sleeve sun shirt just for some added sun protection. Purchase the V-Box Video option If you have any interest to watch it again if not share your experience. And lastly be willing to put yourself in uncomfortable positions…push yourself, learn and improve.

View attachment 9742

View attachment 9743

View attachment 9744

View attachment 9745

View attachment 9746

Well played! Can't wait to see the still images of your jump.

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure

Yeah, I got it and wished I didn't after and I thought it limits you to a total of $3500.00 by paying the $150.00. It was late and they got me..haha What a joke $3500.00. What is that a bumper scratch?

Last edited:

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Here are a couple of additional videos that I captured using my Insta360 Action Cam. These are from the morning session which we went through the Mt Potosi Trail Drive which consists of beginner to intermediate trail and rock obstacles. My impression of this drive was to educate those owners that aren't familiar with off-road driving much less the Drive Modes and Off-Road functionality (Lockers, Sta-Bar, etc).

What's interesting is we never really used the lockers during the course of the day, much less the Trail Turn Assist. Almost every time the Rear Lockers were activated by putting it in Rock-Crawling or Off-Road modes we would immediately turn it off. We did however use the Sta-Bar Disconnect pretty regularly.

Initial Obstacles

Moderate Obstacles

Steep Downhill (1-Pedal Driving) and Return to Basecamp

Bronctor

Aug 18, 2023
Gallery
Pensacola, Florida
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
1966 Mustang Fastback
Hey everybody,
Settled in now enough to type a write up from an incredible day at the Bronco Raptor Off-Roadeo Saturday Aug 19th. I was in wave 2 the 9am group. The day was overcast and still warm, but the cloud cover was doing its job to cool the air. The forecast was 90% rain for the day. I got there early at 8 and had plenty of time to look around and get some merch (ok a lot of merch). Jasleen helped me check in, there's tablets by the door to confirm your registration and sign a waver. She also informed me that I had a early reservation gift of $250 to spend at the store. Im not sure if that came from the dealer or from Ford. I'm a Night One reservation holder, my original build was a Badlands until I got the Golden Ticket to buy a Bronco Raptor. I was already planning on grabbing a bunch of stuff so that was just a bonus. Everything I had found online has the same one or two designs. The store at the basecamp is loaded with swag and almost all of it is exclusive to the event.

After orientation with instructors. We met outside for a ground school where a few people volunteered to drive over a few obstacles as the instructors explained buttons and features on the vehicle on the small trail off the basecamp. After that we went to our pre-assigned Bronco Raptors. I ended up with just the one I wanted a Code Orange just like mine. I had signed up for the in-vehicle video camera package $65 and had already been given a USB on a cool Bronco Raptor lanyard. Since I was solo, I was lucky enough to have instructor, off road expert and last years runner up at King of the Hammers Anthony ride shotgun. Having the time over the day to talk and laugh with him, pick his brain and get advice on how to improve my skills was priceless. Anthony showed me how to make sure the USB recorded as it should and we were off. First was a climb up a mountain butte trail. The trail was curated by off road legend Bob Burns. Everyone agreed that it had some fun and challenging terrain. I don't want to tell any spoilers, but I can tell you the views from the top off the crest are incredible.

We headed back to the basecamp for a delicious hot lunch served buffet style. After everyone got situated and loaded up on boxed water and fruit snacks we hit the trail. Its a hour or so ride out to Raptor Valley. The rain was holding off in the mountains. We could see bands of it off in the distance. Sometimes the trail was rocky and we had to slow down, but mostly we blasted along at 20-35mph. Sometime it felt like we were flying past the terrain of Joshua Trees and grass. Everywhere you looked was another beautiful vista.
Upon arriving at Raptor Valley, there is a camper/trailer with bathrooms. The staff was great at trying to keep everyone hydrated by handing out cold water boxes from coolers. We split into two groups. One group headed to the Ultra 4 course while my group headed to the Baja 1000 course. To get to the Baja side we also did some rock crawling across a field of boulders and climbed another small butte. The Baja course's highlight was getting to floor it and
make a run down a straight away of small whoops.

When it was our turn to hit the Ultra 4 course everyone got excited, because this was it the chance to jump a Bronco Raptor. Most importantly someone else's Bronco Raptor. The rain had started to sprinkle pretty consistently. This actually benefited us greatly as it laid down the clouds of fine grain silica dust that cover the valley. Everyone with two drivers got to take one lap each. Since I was the only person there solo I got the privilege of driving it twice.
I had Tony as my driving instructor and he was awesome. I went last so I a bit nervous as now I was doing my laps in front of the whole group. I listened to everything Tony had to impart about taking the first lap slow and learning the course. My right foot however had not been listening it turned out and took the very first sharp turn too fast and wide. Which meant I total messed my up first jump and didn't get any air at all. I did good on the rest of the course. After some more tips from Tony I did much better on my second run. I cut the first turn short, increased the throttle and nailed the jump with a ego reaffirming about of air. The rest of the course went by pretty well but not as good as my first run. I fell into the deep ruts a couple of times and it really slowed me down.

As I parked back with the rest of the pack it began to rain. We reassembled at the bathrooms for one more pit stop before we hit the trail home. The return journey is completely different from the route to Raptor Valley. Wow I thought the first leg was beautiful country, but they save the best for last. Far sweeping valley views, canyon cutbacks, and unspoiled land without another man made object anywhere to be seen. We rode this one hard and fast and man was everyone on their “A” game as we made for the stables at very brisk gallop. We made it back in under an hour.
The basecamp was already rocking with live music and a hot buffet. Everybody eagerly dug in and new friends shared photos, videos, and contact information. With promises to return if Ford adds a advanced experience for owners. The rumor is they are planning just that. One more shop for merchandise and it was time to head out.
Followed by lots of handshakes and fond goodbyes.

I left feeling like I did something truly special this day.

Thank you Ford and Bronco Raptor Off-Roadeo.

Attachments

• IMG_0417.jpeg
    IMG_0417.jpeg
    480.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0463.jpeg
    IMG_0463.jpeg
    535.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0469.jpeg
    IMG_0469.jpeg
    305.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0482.jpeg
    IMG_0482.jpeg