What did you do to your Bronco Raptor today?

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
rear footwell lighting tied into oem harness and using oem lights
IMG_8021.jpeg

JMCBraptor

Feb 18, 2023
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
2021 Ram 3500 Megacab
Current Ride #2
Escalade V ,Raptor R, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
I finally made time today to install these monsters! Being in the middle of nowhere without lights this past winter affected my outcome... Might be a little overkill. At the end of the day Im happy with it. A bit dificult taking pictures when they are on; I think my camera was blinded!!!

FD68CB14-2060-4EF1-9BDA-E656C3ED710F.jpeg

456A93C1-C843-453D-AAB6-D09B60DA58E6.jpeg

46615517-AAFC-42B6-BD2D-05A07A914199.jpeg

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
rear footwell lighting tied into oem harness and using oem lights
View attachment 8864
This looks great! Do you have any other install information or photos you can share with us? I would be interested to see exactly what you did down there to make it look so clean and functional.

BigP

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Sep 21, 2022
Gallery
Current Ride
2022 Braptor
I spent the last week wheeling on the Beach in Corolla NC. Fun is an understatement.
I also spent a considerable amount of time figuring out and configuring the Bronco Trail App.
The app is not very intuitive...yet and I updated it yesterday. It is still glitchy and not many trails.
Definitely a work in progress but as more content and features are added - its gonna continue to get better.
The youtube link below is edited video at 2x playback speed from the app with included telemetry

Attachments

• beach.jpg
    beach.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 23

Gibby1392

Apr 16, 2023
Gallery
Washington
Military
US Navy
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2019 Dodge Charger Scatpack
Day 7 of owning a Bronco Raptor. Loaded on the back of a flatbed and had it towed to the dealer. Quit on me just driving down the road. Had to leave it there unable to get it running. No error codes. 1100 km. 650 miles
Ever find out what went wrong? I saw a video on YouTube of a guy have the exact same thing happen to him. I think it was a fuel regulator or something.

RyeLee

Jan 28, 2023
Gallery
Atlanta, GA
Current Ride
BMW

JMCBraptor

Feb 18, 2023
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
2021 Ram 3500 Megacab
Current Ride #2
Getting ready to install the same. How did you wire everything up?
The 4 lights on the bumper; used the Baja Design universal harness. I didn't want to use the toggle switch it came with so I modified it to work with my uplifter switches. Still waiting for the Bronco S-pod to come out. The install was pretty straight forward.
The LP6 lights have options for Hi Low and daytime. It could easily use 4 switch locations. I tied the lo beams on one wire to switch 3 as the 4 lights together had a higher amp requirement. Wired the daytime option to one of the lights on the grill. The hi beams are on a relay so for now they are using switches 2 & 4 as a trigger.
The Fog Lights are wired into the factory fog switch. I used the factory jumper wire which allowed me to not modify the factory wiring. Just a $15 cost to replace not that I would ever go back.
The 3rd light next to the fogs are wired to Switch #1 which was wired there already.
The Pillar lights are wired with harness that came with the lights.

Im a bit OCD so there was a bit of time spent to make sure my wiring was completely stealth. As if it was all factory. Once again when the S-pod is available Ill have more room for my chase and rear lights.
At that point the few wires that I could not make visually disappear will get redone.
I have utilized the last available uplifter for the ARB Air Compressor installed with the AGS Off Road spare tire mount. I was really happy with their kit. Customer service with both Baja Design & AGS Off Road above ad beyond!!!

I can answer more specifics if you need. feel free to ask any questions...

RyeLee

Jan 28, 2023
Gallery
Atlanta, GA
Current Ride
BMW
The 4 lights on the bumper; used the Baja Design universal harness. I didn't want to use the toggle switch it came with so I modified it to work with my uplifter switches. Still waiting for the Bronco S-pod to come out. The install was pretty straight forward.
The LP6 lights have options for Hi Low and daytime. It could easily use 4 switch locations. I tied the lo beams on one wire to switch 3 as the 4 lights together had a higher amp requirement. Wired the daytime option to one of the lights on the grill. The hi beams are on a relay so for now they are using switches 2 & 4 as a trigger.
The Fog Lights are wired into the factory fog switch. I used the factory jumper wire which allowed me to not modify the factory wiring. Just a $15 cost to replace not that I would ever go back.
The 3rd light next to the fogs are wired to Switch #1 which was wired there already.
The Pillar lights are wired with harness that came with the lights.

Im a bit OCD so there was a bit of time spent to make sure my wiring was completely stealth. As if it was all factory. Once again when the S-pod is available Ill have more room for my chase and rear lights.
At that point the few wires that I could not make visually disappear will get redone.
I have utilized the last available uplifter for the ARB Air Compressor installed with the AGS Off Road spare tire mount. I was really happy with their kit. Customer service with both Baja Design & AGS Off Road above ad beyond!!!

I can answer more specifics if you need. feel free to ask any questions...
If you’ve had a chance to use them at night, do you see benefit of both the high and low beam or do you think one would suffice. Asking bc I was thinking of only hooking up one or other so as not to clog up aux switches. Could Aux3 handle 4 high beams? Wiring is not my strong suit so I appreciate the help.

JMCBraptor

Feb 18, 2023
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
2021 Ram 3500 Megacab
Current Ride #2
If you’ve had a chance to use them at night, do you see benefit of both the high and low beam or do you think one would suffice. Asking bc I was thinking of only hooking up one or other so as not to clog up aux switches. Could Aux3 handle 4 high beams? Wiring is not my strong suit so I appreciate the help.
So I only made everything work due to my OCD... If its available I can't not do it. I believe they were designed to operate like a headlight.
I was asking all the questions to get the best understanding. There is no need to have the low beams. The idea is if you rolled into camp and dont want to blind everyone you would have that as an option. But even with the lows on its still blinding.
When wiring only useing the HI beam; will utilize all of the leds in the fixture. If you use the wire harness they offer; you would also have the relay included. Using a relay allows you to only need a trigger which is minimal amp draw. Feel free to ask any questions. I know enough to be dangerous... lol

Gibby1392

Apr 16, 2023
Gallery
Washington
Military
US Navy
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Well finally put in a diabolical slip stream enclosure. Just what a topless bronco needs. Keep stuff from flying around and that little piece of mind knowing your stuff is locked up in the parking lot.

Attachments

• IMG_7408.jpeg
    IMG_7408.jpeg
    328.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7407.jpeg
    IMG_7407.jpeg
    361.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_7406.jpeg
    IMG_7406.jpeg
    374.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7405.jpeg
    IMG_7405.jpeg
    367.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 71070258752__1B15AC4A-113E-4205-BEE3-43AEE0E62FC6.jpeg
    71070258752__1B15AC4A-113E-4205-BEE3-43AEE0E62FC6.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 58

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Well finally put in a diabolical slip stream enclosure. Just what a topless bronco needs. Keep stuff from flying around and that little piece of mind knowing your stuff is locked up in the parking lot.
Looks good.

I was torn between the Slipstream and the Tuffy but ultimately chose the Tuffy due to the price difference. Not sure I made the right choice given the lack of ability to open a pass-thru and the lost cargo space from the Tuffy design. I think this also maintains the ability to use something like a TopLift or RollNJack.

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
So I only made everything work due to my OCD... If its available I can't not do it. I believe they were designed to operate like a headlight.
I was asking all the questions to get the best understanding. There is no need to have the low beams. The idea is if you rolled into camp and dont want to blind everyone you would have that as an option. But even with the lows on its still blinding.
When wiring only useing the HI beam; will utilize all of the leds in the fixture. If you use the wire harness they offer; you would also have the relay included. Using a relay allows you to only need a trigger which is minimal amp draw. Feel free to ask any questions. I know enough to be dangerous... lol
Curious as to why you are going s pod over switchpro? And with either, u can dim lights so definitely dont need to wire high and low of lp6.

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
This looks great! Do you have any other install information or photos you can share with us? I would be interested to see exactly what you did down there to make it look so clean and functional.
I used the following harness

IMG_7968.jpeg

it plugs into the passenger side plug that goes into the factory footwell light, has a separate plug then for the footwell light, and then runs through the center console and splits off to go under each front seat (has provision to add cup holder lights as well).

Under each seat there is a cutout that the factory footwell light snaps into.
IMG_8026.jpeg

Here are the lights I used for under the seats:
IMG_7969.jpeg

Gibby1392

Apr 16, 2023
Gallery
Washington
Military
US Navy
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Looks good.

I was torn between the Slipstream and the Tuffy but ultimately chose the Tuffy due to the price difference. Not sure I made the right choice given the lack of ability to open a pass-thru and the lost cargo space from the Tuffy design. I think this also maintains the ability to use something like a TopLift or RollNJack.
You can break down the top and forward panels in less than a minute due by pulling a total of 4 quick release pins and 6 spin handles. I hated spending the dough but felt it was the best choice for the long haul and usability. Here’s a picture of the spin handles.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 35

Gibby1392

Apr 16, 2023
Gallery
Washington
Military
US Navy
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
I used the following harness

View attachment 8924

it plugs into the passenger side plug that goes into the factory footwell light, has a separate plug then for the footwell light, and then runs through the center console and splits off to go under each front seat (has provision to add cup holder lights as well).

Under each seat there is a cutout that the factory footwell light snaps into.
View attachment 8925

Here are the lights I used for under the seats:
View attachment 8926
Did you make your own harness or is there a part number?

Johnny Rebel

Jul 11, 2023
Gallery
LA
Current Ride
Bronco Big Bend
Current Ride #2
Bronco Raptor
Did the same thing in mine. I can guarantee it keeps stuff from flying around when things get a little "spirited" off-road. Also provides great storage space on top of the enclosure if you're non-topless.

Attachments

• IMG_6748.jpeg
    IMG_6748.jpeg
    219.5 KB · Views: 41

Johnny Rebel

Jul 11, 2023
Gallery
LA
Current Ride
Bronco Big Bend
Current Ride #2
Bronco Raptor
I've got a couple of LP6's on the front of our Big Bend 2 Dr. If you don't use the Baja harness with the relay in it, make sure you don't activate high and low beams at the same time or it will damage the lights. If I had to choose one mode, I'd choose the high beams. Can't really tell a lot of difference between the two.

Also, I don't know about the S-Pod, but mine are hooked up without the Baja relay harness through a SwitchPros SP-9100 and you can program it to turn the high-beam switch off if the low-beam switch is activated and vice versa. This effectively does the same thing as the Baja relay harness.

GLOCK10MM

Feb 19, 2023
NJ
Current Ride
2004 Dodge 2500 Cummings
Current Ride #2
2015 Jeep Rubicon JK
First Responder
(retired)
Did the same thing in mine. I can guarantee it keeps stuff from flying around when things get a little "spirited" off-road. Also provides great storage space on top of the enclosure if you're non-topless.
Who makes the attic you are using ?

Top Member Reactions