What did you do to your Bronco Raptor today?

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
If you have a stock BR, can you post the ground clearance for your rear diff? much obliged.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
I'm confused. Why is my rear diff 7/8” lower than stock?

🌶️ rear diff skid = 10.5 (measured 6 times, still can’t believe it; stock was 11.375 as noted by @RyeLee )
  1. Skid plate – accounts for 1/4"
  2. Tire wear – only 4300 miles on stock tires; maybe 1/32”
  3. Weight – may compress shocks and springs, but does not move axle/diff unless it compresses tires (40 psi)
  4. Other – waiting for some brilliant answer

RyeLee

Jan 28, 2023
Gallery
Atlanta, GA
Current Ride
BMW
I'm confused. Why is my rear diff 7/8” lower than stock?

🌶️ rear diff skid = 10.5 (measured 6 times, still can’t believe it; stock was 11.375 as noted by @RyeLee )
  1. Skid plate – accounts for 1/4"
  2. Tire wear – only 4300 miles on stock tires; maybe 1/32”
  3. Weight – may compress shocks and springs, but does not move axle/diff unless it compresses tires (40 psi)
  4. Other – waiting for some brilliant answer
That is odd and had me questioning my original measurement.

I remeasured again and it was 11.25” with the difference being that I had about 300 pounds of stuff in the back for the second measurement. The first measurement was an empty truck. I have nearly identical mileage on the stock KO2’s.

pic of second measurement included

Attachments

• IMG_2088.jpeg
    IMG_2088.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 22

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
That is odd and had me questioning my original measurement.

I remeasured again and it was 11.25” with the difference being that I had about 300 pounds of stuff in the back for the second measurement. The first measurement was an empty truck. I have nearly identical mileage on the stock KO2’s.

pic of second measurement included
Ok, assuming 300 lbs makes the diff drop 1/8" and my load is making the diff drop 3/8" (=11.375-10.5-0.25), then linear thought implies that I have 900 lbs in the back end compared to stock. :unsure: tomorrow I'm going to empty the 🌶️ Raptor and remove the tire and jack then remeasure the ground clearance. The roof rack and rear bumper should be about the same weight (maybe slightly more) as the OEM bumper and tire.

So is the "load" causing that much tire compression?

RyeLee

Jan 28, 2023
Gallery
Atlanta, GA
Current Ride
BMW
Ok, assuming 300 lbs makes the diff drop 1/8" and my load is making the diff drop 3/8" (=11.375-10.5-0.25), then linear thought implies that I have 900 lbs in the back end compared to stock. :unsure: tomorrow I'm going to empty the 🌶️ Raptor and remove the tire and jack then remeasure the ground clearance. The roof rack and rear bumper should be about the same weight (maybe slightly more) as the OEM bumper and tire.

So is the "load" causing that much tire compression

So is the "load" causing that much tire compression?
Stay tuned…

Attachments

• IMG_2089.jpeg
    IMG_2089.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 15

Spiderwolf

Feb 14, 2023
Gallery
USA
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2012 JeepRubicon
Ok, soft mod. I'm annoyed by the pop-up "for your safety, some features have been disabled while driving".

FORscan
IS: Navigation in MotionAPIM7D0-03-0157xxxxxxxx--First Letter of Country Code (FLCC)
may disable 911 (not verified)
WAS: Navigation in MotionAPIM7D0-03-0155xxxxxxxx--North America

Now I'm dangerous. I can fool with the maps, email, Sirius browse, etc while driving.

Other soft mods:
  • Disabled Auto Start-Stop (made part of myRaptor mode)
  • Disabled door ajar
  • Disabled driver seatbelt mider
  • Disabled double horn honk when exiting running vehicle
  • Disabled triple ding at start up

Still looking for
  • disable the seat belt center screen pop-up; other than waiting 15-20 seconds to go away by itself.
  • change the color of the Raptor on the startup screen. How about HPR?
  • enable parking brake when in Park
How did you do these? Especially the stop/ start stuff. That is so annoying. Is this something in the menus I can access or do I need to buy something?

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
How did you do these? Especially the stop/ start stuff. That is so annoying. Is this something in the menus I can access or do I need to buy something?
Reference this link:

Spiderwolf

Feb 14, 2023
Gallery
USA
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2012 JeepRubicon
Ok, soft mod. I'm annoyed by the pop-up "for your safety, some features have been disabled while driving".

FORscan
IS: Navigation in MotionAPIM7D0-03-0157xxxxxxxx--First Letter of Country Code (FLCC)
may disable 911 (not verified)
WAS: Navigation in MotionAPIM7D0-03-0155xxxxxxxx--North America

Now I'm dangerous. I can fool with the maps, email, Sirius browse, etc while driving.

Other soft mods:
  • Disabled Auto Start-Stop (made part of myRaptor mode)
  • Disabled door ajar
  • Disabled driver seatbelt mider
  • Disabled double horn honk when exiting running vehicle
  • Disabled triple ding at start up
  • Changed the start-up splash screen

Still looking for
  • disable the seat belt center screen pop-up; other than getting up to speed and having it go away by itself.
  • change the color of the Raptor on the startup screen. How about HPR?
  • enable parking brake when in Park
I went to the link but all I see is something to do with speakers and deleting subwoofers? But is what I need that FORScan tool to do this? I have a tool that plugs into the OBD port to read codes and reset, ect. Would that do to access the same stuff?

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
I went to the link but all I see is something to do with speakers and deleting subwoofers? But is what I need that FORScan tool to do this? I have a tool that plugs into the OBD port to read codes and reset, ect. Would that do to access the same stuff?
Yes, the links in the post help you get to the right spot.

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
Hmm, so the EV station is a cross between a Horsey & Dinosaur Tail? Appears it's true that history repeats itself...
Hahaha...never thought of it that way. Now with the picture you can even almost imagine it!!!
It was fun taking a couple of pictures while some were wondering what in the world???

Spiderwolf

Feb 14, 2023
Gallery
USA
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2012 JeepRubicon
Yes, the links in the post help you get to the right spot.
Ok, I’m more confused than ever. I tried reading a lot of that stuff but don’t really understand what to do. Do I need the OB2 scanner or the for scan scanner or both. Do I need to do so something on a computer as well. I know how to use a scan tool but I don’t do any programming or even begin to understand that. All I want to do I is turn off the auto stop/start. Is there a simple way to do that even if I have to buy a different scanner? I have a scan tool at home but I’ve never seen anything on it when used on other vehicles for turning features on and off.

Tor148

Feb 20, 2023
Gallery
South Jersey
Current Ride
23 Braptor
Current Ride #2
21 2dr FE Bronco
Ok, I’m more confused than ever. I tried reading a lot of that stuff but don’t really understand what to do. Do I need the OB2 scanner or the for scan scanner or both. Do I need to do so something on a computer as well. I know how to use a scan tool but I don’t do any programming or even begin to understand that. All I want to do I is turn off the auto stop/start. Is there a simple way to do that even if I have to buy a different scanner? I have a scan tool at home but I’ve never seen anything on it when used on other vehicles for turning features on and off.
Here you go, no programing needed
I use it in my BRaptor and my Bronco FE works great. Install is straight forward.

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
Here you go, no programing needed
I use it in my BRaptor and my Bronco FE works great. Install is straight forward.
Have in mine also... absolutely no issues.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Step by Step
  1. Get an OBD2 scan tool.
  2. Download and install FORscan software
    • If you need help understanding FORscan checkout this link
  3. Go to Bronco6G and download spreadsheet of FORscan codes
  4. How to make changes:
    1. Turn BR accesory power on (do not need to start engine)
    2. Plug in OBD2 scanner
    3. Bring up FORscan app
    4. Sync FORscan with OBD2 scanner
    5. Select the module to be modified
    6. Make desired change
    7. Follow screen instructions
    8. Turn BR power off then back on
    9. I generally verify the changes then test the system to see if the change actually worked
  5. Done - enjoy mod(s)
FYI, the auto start-stop code change in the PSCM module does not work on MY23. I programmed the auto start-stop to be part of the myRaptor mode button on the steering wheel; that works flawlessly. Or, just push the dash button.

Last edited:

TriTownBronco

Jul 27, 2023
Gallery
Pasco,Wa
Military
Army
Current Ride
2023 BRaptor Azure Gray
Current Ride #2
2023 Tacoma TRD Off Road
First Responder