What did you do to your Bronco Raptor today?

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
I added the Rigid Ford Performance 40 inch light bar, IAG interior led lights. SPV weather connectors and finished hard wiring my Wolfbox dash cam.

Attachments

• IMG_5345.jpeg
    IMG_5345.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5333.jpeg
    IMG_5333.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5321.jpeg
    IMG_5321.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5322.jpeg
    IMG_5322.jpeg
    297.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5331.jpeg
    IMG_5331.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5312.jpeg
    IMG_5312.jpeg
    332.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5519.jpeg
    IMG_5519.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5503.jpeg
    IMG_5503.jpeg
    377.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5502.jpeg
    IMG_5502.jpeg
    334.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5507.jpeg
    IMG_5507.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
Had to send a PM to Eightlug on Bronco6g to see how the Code Orange Raptor BAM's were coming along since I am at 12 weeks after ordering and haven't heard a peep in over a month. He said that the Orange parts should be showing up this week and then shipping out. So anyone on here that has been waiting on one and forgot they were waiting, here's the update.

Kinda sucked when I had contacted the site directly through my account and never heard back. Can't wait to get this in so I have something new to install.

Johnny Rebel

Jul 11, 2023
Gallery
LA
Current Ride
Bronco Big Bend
Current Ride #2
Bronco Raptor
Had to send a PM to Eightlug on Bronco6g to see how the Code Orange Raptor BAM's were coming along since I am at 12 weeks after ordering and haven't heard a peep in over a month. He said that the Orange parts should be showing up this week and then shipping out. So anyone on here that has been waiting on one and forgot they were waiting, here's the update.

Kinda sucked when I had contacted the site directly through my account and never heard back. Can't wait to get this in so I have something new to install.
Their lead times are LONG, but worth the wait!

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
will be worth the wait, fwiw i waited 25+ weeks
View attachment 12348
Oof. But you got one of the first run correct? Hopefully they are getting better with their powdercoat supplier to get these out to people. I may get mine coming this week depending on how many orders are before mine. It does look good though.

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Oof. But you got one of the first run correct? Hopefully they are getting better with their powdercoat supplier to get these out to people. I may get mine coming this week depending on how many orders are before mine. It does look good though.
yes i am serial number 2 on these

Geomatic

Apr 19, 2024
Gallery
Texas
Current Ride
Badlands SAS
Hey everyone, long time lurker and jealous Raptor fan here. Currently have a Badlands SAS Lux with 3500 miles and I'm looking to trade in on a Raptor. Watching this thread from the beginning has me wanting a Raptor more than anything. I have a particular one we're going to look at this weekend and it seems it might have a few mods. Figured this would be the best place to ask what y'all see in the pics and what I should look out for while inspecting the vehicle. Thanks in advance, hopefully in the near future I can post with some upgrades myself. Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 9.37.04 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 9.37.04 AM.png
    233 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 9.38.31 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 9.38.31 AM.png
    274.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 9.38.45 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 9.38.45 AM.png
    319.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 9.40.32 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 9.40.32 AM.png
    380.7 KB · Views: 18

bendawg

Jul 31, 2023
Gallery
New York
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptro
BAT has good data in terms of establishing market value for Bronco Raptors. https://bringatrailer.com/ford/u725-bronco/

Mods are shiny objects that are very personal. They don't add value, if anything they take it away, especially if original parts are not included. So I wouldn't pay for them. And you want to inspect the quality of their installation -whatever they may be.

These trucks arent moving like the used to, which is just a factor of supply and demand - not anything to do with quality.

That's a nice looking truck. Best of luck.

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
Hey everyone, long time lurker and jealous Raptor fan here. Currently have a Badlands SAS Lux with 3500 miles and I'm looking to trade in on a Raptor. Watching this thread from the beginning has me wanting a Raptor more than anything. I have a particular one we're going to look at this weekend and it seems it might have a few mods. Figured this would be the best place to ask what y'all see in the pics and what I should look out for while inspecting the vehicle. Thanks in advance, hopefully in the near future I can post with some upgrades myself. Cheers!
Only thing I can pick out from the pics you shared is a Skid plate on the Rear diff. They did also smoke the tail lights.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
The Raptor is surprisingly easy to crawl under. Since the owner installed a Foutz diff skid they probably intended to wheel it. Look for rock strikes on fronts of lower control arms, bending of the side steps, strikes on the rear control arm brackets and skid mounts, bunched up shock dust covers (seems to happen from max articulation situations like jumps), overly worn fender liners (tire and rock strike wear), grinding on the tow points below rear bumper, dents in the front bash plate.

dings like these aren’t necessarily a problem, but may give you some negotiating leverage. Especially if they are making claims on how clean the truck is. while mine has most of those , I’d want to by a used Raptor that didn’t have them. Good luck.

Geomatic

Apr 19, 2024
Gallery
Texas
Current Ride
Badlands SAS
The Raptor is surprisingly easy to crawl under. Since the owner installed a Foutz diff skid they probably intended to wheel it. Look for rock strikes on fronts of lower control arms, bending of the side steps, strikes on the rear control arm brackets and skid mounts, bunched up shock dust covers (seems to happen from max articulation situations like jumps), overly worn fender liners (tire and rock strike wear), grinding on the tow points below rear bumper, dents in the front bash plate.

dings like these aren’t necessarily a problem, but may give you some negotiating leverage. Especially if they are making claims on how clean the truck is. while mine has most of those , I’d want to by a used Raptor that didn’t have them. Good luck.
This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you! The truck has around 8k miles so it def could've been rode a bit harder within that time frame. Not that it's an issue, but like you mentioned it's a negotiable point. I'll take a look and see if there's any marks or issues like you mentioned, thanks again.

Also according to the window sticker the Nav has been removed. Anyone have experience with owning a Raptor without Nav? We plan on doing some moderate off roading but nothing super back country or anything so is Nav missing a deal breaker?

Thanks again, love seeing all the mods y'all have done. Really top quality stuff

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com! 🍻 Good looking Raptor, the FMI rear diff plate is a bonus.

Last edited:

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you! The truck has around 8k miles so it def could've been rode a bit harder within that time frame. Not that it's an issue, but like you mentioned it's a negotiable point. I'll take a look and see if there's any marks or issues like you mentioned, thanks again.

Also according to the window sticker the Nav has been removed. Anyone have experience with owning a Raptor without Nav? We plan on doing some moderate off roading but nothing super back country or anything so is Nav missing a deal breaker?

Thanks again, love seeing all the mods y'all have done. Really top quality stuff
i Don’t have navigation (High Package) and I don’t feel like I’m missing anything. I use CarPlay with Google and Apple Maps for on road and OnX Off-road in back country. All apps work well, and with OnX you’re getting better off road functionality

Geomatic

Apr 19, 2024
Gallery
Texas
Current Ride
Badlands SAS
Installed the SmarterHome Bronco Hard Top Lifter today.

Positives:
- great material and build quality
- exceptionally well thought through design, down to clever cable management
- Easy intuitive app which paired with winches without an issue
- great control, super slow for the critical last few inches or faster for running the top up or down to storage
- out of the way when in use or not in use
- pretty easy to install, once you figure out the missing and conflicting instructions
- you can easily walk under it when top is stored with 10’ ceilings, I’m 6’2”
- uses 110v outlet from garage door opener
- no ground based View attachment 7828View attachment 7829View attachment 7830lifter to store when not in use

Negatives:
- despite exceptionally well thought through design, the instructions and company videos are pretty poor. The written instructions contain some conflicting illustrations and don’t contain relevant information, like how wide to set the cross bars. The videos are more marketing than actually helpful. They gloss over most of the installation.
- placement could be a challenge depending on the size of your garage and placement of garage door openers, lights and other items on your ceiling.

Note: ignore the electrical wiring in picture, I am in the process of relocating a light fixture. The lifter is powered by plug in cord.
Hey John, are you still liking your SmarterHome Bronco Hard Top Lifter? Going to buy a Raptor this Friday and looking for a garage lift for the hard top. Lmk your one year of ownership thoughts. Thanks!

Geomatic

Apr 19, 2024
Gallery
Texas
Current Ride
Badlands SAS
Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com! 🍻 Good looking Raptor, the FMI rear diff plate is a bonus.
Thank you, happy to be here. Going to inspect the truck Friday and hopefully drive it home! It has 8k miles so gonna inspect the underside for wear and tear, etc per the other member's response. Hopefully it's all good as the price is a pretty good deal, although would've preferred a bit more for our Badlands SAS trade in but it is what it is. Cheers

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
US Army Military Police K9
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police

Attachments

• IMG_20240420_084315.jpg
    IMG_20240420_084315.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240420_084310.jpg
    IMG_20240420_084310.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240420_084351.jpg
    IMG_20240420_084351.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Hey John, are you still liking your SmarterHome Bronco Hard Top Lifter? Going to buy a Raptor this Friday and looking for a garage lift for the hard top. Lmk your one year of ownership thoughts. Thanks!
After a year of ownership I’ve got a mixed opinion.

I think that there are two good off the shelf options and your situation dictates which is better.

i went with it based on the fact that I don’t have room for the Smartlifter Pro because I have to back in (I can’t park the nose under it) and I wanted my top out of the way (you need pretty high garage ceilings to be above head level).

while it’s not hard to operate, it takes a while. Putting the JTops Bimini really complicates things as you have to fish straps between roof and the bimini and taking off and replacing the rear seat roof section is a lot harder for me to do solo. The former may be easier or harder with the SmartLifter Pro, but I don’t think it’s an issue. The latter comment is more of a consideration if you’re thinking of buying the Bimini and removing your top a lot solo with any lifter.

It’s a bit of a challenge getting lined up under the hoist both front to back and side to side, but I’ve placed painters tape on the floor to guide me with the rear camera. The SmartLifter pro looks easier as you roll the lifter to the truck, no guessing if you are in position or not.

the balancing of everything takes a bit of practice and adjustment and leaving the rear window open or closed changes things significantly.

so Overall it works OK for me, but I think if I had the space to stash the Smartlifter I would have gone with that and it would have been easier.

hope that helps

bendawg

Jul 31, 2023
Gallery
New York
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptro
After a year of ownership I’ve got a mixed opinion.

I think that there are two good off the shelf options and your situation dictates which is better.

i went with it based on the fact that I don’t have room for the Smartlifter Pro because I have to back in (I can’t park the nose under it) and I wanted my top out of the way (you need pretty high garage ceilings to be above head level).

while it’s not hard to operate, it takes a while. Putting the JTops Bimini really complicates things as you have to fish straps between roof and the bimini and taking off and replacing the rear seat roof section is a lot harder for me to do solo. The former may be easier or harder with the SmartLifter Pro, but I don’t think it’s an issue. The latter comment is more of a consideration if you’re thinking of buying the Bimini and removing your top a lot solo with any lifter.

It’s a bit of a challenge getting lined up under the hoist both front to back and side to side, but I’ve placed painters tape on the floor to guide me with the rear camera. The SmartLifter pro looks easier as you roll the lifter to the truck, no guessing if you are in position or not.

the balancing of everything takes a bit of practice and adjustment and leaving the rear window open or closed changes things significantly.

so Overall it works OK for me, but I think if I had the space to stash the Smartlifter I would have gone with that and it would have been easier.

hope that helps
Do you mean Toplift pro? I'm in a parking garage - which has room for this but what I've always been concerned about is stability/liability. I don't want it to come crashing down on some kid while I am away with the top off - or concern parents enough to complain about that possibility. Am I overanalyzing?

Top Member Reactions