What did you do to your Bronco Raptor today?

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
So got the hand controls installed on Monday and picked her up Wednesday. Took it a little over 200 miles home while testing them out.
I'm not entirely sure but, I believe this is the first and controlled Braptor in the country.
The handle twists down to control the throttle and you push the whole thing forward for braking.

20240215_130658.jpg

20240215_130703.jpg

20240215_130709.jpg

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
US Army Military Police K9
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Impressive CRAZYACE63. So glad you are going to be able to experience your Braptor.

OFP

Apr 7, 2023
Gallery
PNW, WA
Military
USMC
Current Ride
23' BRap
Current Ride #2
21' M2c
So got the hand controls installed on Monday and picked her up Wednesday. Took it a little over 200 miles home while testing them out.
I'm not entirely sure but, I believe this is the first and controlled Braptor in the country.
The handle twists down to control the throttle and you push the whole thing forward for braking.

View attachment 11720

View attachment 11721

View attachment 11722
So let me get this right, it rotates for gas and pushes in for brakes?

If this is the first set of hand controls, I’m asking to see the first hand controlled burnout.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX

View attachment 11720

View attachment 11721

View attachment 11722
That's a clean setup! I helped a buddy install an older version of this on his Gen 1 F150 Raptor. It was just a metal handle and it was up a lot closer to the steering wheel. I want to say it was left-hand operation.

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
Installed Baja Designs Raptor Kit for front lights. It comes with nice strong brackets and the adapter plugs. Upgraded to S2 Pros from sports. Checked them out awhile ago once dark. Didn't drive just turned them on. Real bright - perfect for remote dirt roads and off roading. On Wednesday installing Fast Intentions spare tire bracket and extension wiring harness with two S2 pros, amber. Will post pics when done. Bought all from Fast Intensions. They helped with what I needed for the install and aided in making my decision with upgrading to the S2 pros. Kevin was very helpful and knows what he is talking about.

Real happy so far with these so far.

IMG_3053j.jpg
IMG_3052j.jpg
IMG_3054j.jpg

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2

View attachment 11720

View attachment 11721

View attachment 11722
How are the controls working? They look great. It would be nice to hear how they are working for you after your first 200 miles

Last edited:

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
How are the controls working? They look great. It would be nice to hear how they are working for you after your first 200 miles
They work great. A little disconcerting since my controls were on the left side for the last 22 years. The throttle is way touchy but that is what a drive by wire setup is. I was at around 700 miles when I did the 200 mile drive and now am at close to 1k. Been fun driving it everywhere and getting so many compliments and questions about it since not many people knew there was a Raptor version of the Bronco.

My local hobby shop was one of the best places, since the younger kids coming in were just in awe of the truck. People are also really surprised that I own it and can drive it all on my own with out any help. Good thing I lost around 75 pounds over the last couple years since I knew I was going to own one of these.

Haven't gotten it out to the dirt yet. Planning on doing that after I get the ppf installed. Don't want this paint to be scratched up too soon.

Johnny Rebel

Jul 11, 2023
Gallery
LA
Current Ride
Bronco Big Bend
Current Ride #2
Bronco Raptor
They work great. A little disconcerting since my controls were on the left side for the last 22 years. The throttle is way touchy but that is what a drive by wire setup is. I was at around 700 miles when I did the 200 mile drive and now am at close to 1k. Been fun driving it everywhere and getting so many compliments and questions about it since not many people knew there was a Raptor version of the Bronco.

My local hobby shop was one of the best places, since the younger kids coming in were just in awe of the truck. People are also really surprised that I own it and can drive it all on my own with out any help. Good thing I lost around 75 pounds over the last couple years since I knew I was going to own one of these.

Haven't gotten it out to the dirt yet. Planning on doing that after I get the ppf installed. Don't want this paint to be scratched up too soon.
Have you replaced your tires with smaller ones? Seems like I remember reading a while back that you were thinking of doing that to help with entry/exit of the truck. If you have, I'd love to see some pics of that setup.

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
Have you replaced your tires with smaller ones? Seems like I remember reading a while back that you were thinking of doing that to help with entry/exit of the truck. If you have, I'd love to see some pics of that setup.
Yes I did. I went with some Toyo open country AT 33x12.5x17. I will try and get some pics later today when it's light out.

Last edited:

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
Here are the pics of the Tires and a few of the upgrades I have done.
Tires: Toyo Open Country A/T 33x12.5x17
Lights: 40" Rigid, 30"rigid on the bumper, Dual Rigid pods at the mirrors, and front trial sight lights.
Shorty antenna
Sto N sho front license plate holder

Tires don't look too bad when not next to a stock one. I was worried about the fender gap and it still fits nicely.
Almost forgot, got my custom plates off the challenger and switched over to my new toy.

20240229_120650.jpg

20240229_120709.jpg

20240229_120732.jpg

20240229_120749.jpg

Johnny Rebel

Jul 11, 2023
Gallery
LA
Current Ride
Bronco Big Bend
Current Ride #2
Bronco Raptor
Here are the pics of the Tires and a few of the upgrades I have done.
Tires: Toyo Open Country A/T 33x12.5x17
Lights: 40" Rigid, 30"rigid on the bumper, Dual Rigid pods at the mirrors, and front trial sight lights.
Shorty antenna
Sto N sho front license plate holder

Tires don't look too bad when not next to a stock one. I was worried about the fender gap and it still fits nicely.
Almost forgot, got my custom plates off the challenger and switched over to my new toy.

View attachment 11880

View attachment 11881

View attachment 11882

View attachment 11883
Thanks for that. Been wondering for a while how it would look to have smaller tires on it. I like it. Nice looking truck!

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
Did the chase light the other day. As per my post above Fast Intentions supplied everything. Kevin the Ops Mgr. is great to deal with. You can't see it in the pic but there is a small Raptor R on the mounting bracket which is a nice touch. The bracket is strong and it attaches to the two lug nuts they provide. They come off easy to rotate or use the spare.
IMG_3067j.jpg

The wiring is pretty straight forward. Fast Intentions has a wiring harness that runs from the lights to the inside of the truck below. From there there is one of the wires Ford pre wired for the 6 Aux. switches. The wire running up goes to the ground. It is just resting up there for now and the bottom wire connects to the pre wire. After running the wire through the tail gate you run it to below and connect it. Then behind the glove box you connect a couple of wires and under the hood you do the same. Of course you have to take off some trim and a side panel as you can see. I am glad my buddy Jason did it for me. I could have done the job; however, he does it day in and day out so I didn't have to stress myself out popping everything off. I would be concerned about breaking a connector. It happens sometimes. I have done it before. No big deal you buy another one. Easy to say when you don't break one.
IMG_3059j.jpg

The Baja S2 Pros are the way to go if you run in a lot of dust. Kevin and his team run a few times in the Baja and he said you can't see the sport lights until you are about 15 -20 feet or so away from the guy in front in heavy dust. I will only put these on in heavy dust. I did a night run at KOH and a guy had a pair of amber lights at the back on, for what reason I don't know , there wasn't any dust. They were super bright and I was 6 Bronco's behind. My buddy was just behind him and he said it was blinding.
IMG_3065j.jpg
Good to have if you run in dust. Glad I've got them. If you've noticed all my Bronco pics my truck is dirty. Hard to keep clean here.

HaugenRacing

Feb 3, 2023
Gallery
Scottsdale, AZ
Current Ride
2022 Ford Bronco Raptor
Anyone have the awe exhaust yet? Is it much louder than stock? I've been bummed with the exhaust options so far. Nothings loud. SPD downpipes helped a ton but I want more

Reactions: OFP

Johnny Mo

Nov 20, 2023
Gallery
Westchester County, NY
Current Ride
23 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
16 Ducati XDiavel
Just finished up my B&O speaker upgrade. Infinity reference 407s in all the 4" locations, left the kick panel speakers alone. Replaced the weak B&O sub with a Kicker Comp R 8" and a Kicker Key 500.1 amp. NOW it sounds like it is supposed to. Totally forgot to take pics of the speakers before I put all the grilles back.
PXL_20240309_022545623.jpg
PXL_20240309_024739671.jpg
PXL_20240309_151452381.jpg
PXL_20240311_011040910.jpg

OFP

Apr 7, 2023
Gallery
PNW, WA
Military
USMC
Current Ride
23' BRap
Current Ride #2
21' M2c
Wolfbox G900 installed.
TurboSmart atmos-dump installed.
S&B Dry Extendable Filter received. Will install next weekend.

@Johnny Mo love the audio upgrade! That is my next pri0 (mobridge, every speaker replaced, and rear pods upgraded to 6.5 via MTI), along with better sliders and an expo1 rear swing out to get the weight off the rear door.

Top Member Reactions