supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
Anyone considering wrapping their Bronco Raptors? This matte green wrap looks awesome.

wrapped-green-bronco.jpg

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
I absolutely love the matte/stealth look of these wraps. What I find hard (for me) to justify is the cost.

I feel like it makes more sense for someone who doesn't go offroad so they have the cool look and paint protection.

I know the better wraps have self healing properties but that's only good for the minor stuff and not what I frequently encounter. I know I'd still get some protection but mine would end up looking not so good.

If they end up making a kit of the good stuff like Excel stealth for the DIY people I may do it. But the cost of materials and installation is too steep for me to justify.

I love watching the video of a commercial for like a 69 or 70 Bronco. It's got a nice buck tossed over the hood and blasting down a two tracker......my how the times have changed!

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I absolutely love the matte/stealth look of these wraps. What I find hard (for me) to justify is the cost.

I feel like it makes more sense for someone who doesn't go offroad so they have the cool look and paint protection.

I know the better wraps have self healing properties but that's only good for the minor stuff and not what I frequently encounter. I know I'd still get some protection but mine would end up looking not so good.

If they end up making a kit of the good stuff like Excel stealth for the DIY people I may do it. But the cost of materials and installation is too steep for me to justify.

I love watching the video of a commercial for like a 69 or 70 Bronco. It's got a nice buck tossed over the hood and blasting down a two tracker......my how the times have changed!
I’m with you. The backcountry is hard on paint jobs, and even more on wraps. I’m getting a color that costs extra (the other CO), so I have no intention of changing that…just have to deal with the ultimate pinstriping that will occur.

Different considerations are in play if your rig is a show car, but I’m buying it to USE it.

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
I’m with you. The backcountry is hard on paint jobs, and even more on wraps. I’m getting a color that costs extra (the other CO), so I have no intention of changing that…just have to deal with the ultimate pinstriping that will occur.

Different considerations are in play if your rig is a show car, but I’m buying it to USE it.
I know most people will spend very little time on dirt and even fewer will use their BRaptor anywhere near it's potential. That's cool......different ways of enjoying their rig. I too will be using it more than the average BRaptor owner but I'm a few will be hardcore with theirs.

I'll get plenty of scratches but will also try to avoid serious body damage. I'm glad the fenders/quarters are replaceable :)

businessgoose

Founding Member
Apr 7, 2022
Gallery
SLC UT

I'm not sure the company but my friend met them at Sema and is going to get certified to install their products; they are making xpel level PPF but it is colored like regular wrap. I think it will be a good option for those wanting to wrap but still be protected off road. I plan to have him do my braptor once he's up and running. I have 3M 2080 vinyl on my gladiator right now with ceramic coating and its held up really well, although i've only been on one trip with tight brush/trails etc.

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
I'm not sure the company but my friend met them at Sema and is going to get certified to install their products; they are making xpel level PPF but it is colored like regular wrap. I think it will be a good option for those wanting to wrap but still be protected off road. I plan to have him do my braptor once he's up and running. I have 3M 2080 vinyl on my gladiator right now with ceramic coating and its held up really well, although i've only been on one trip with tight brush/trails etc.
That will be great to see your BRaptor wrapped....and find out how it hold up. Do you plan to go stealth or shiny?

businessgoose

Founding Member
Apr 7, 2022
Gallery
SLC UT
That will be great to see your BRaptor wrapped....and find out how it hold up. Do you plan to go stealth or shiny?
it depends on what his options are. my jeep and my jag are both wrapped in a satin finish right now, and i love it. Looks better/cooler than the shiny to me, and still has a little shine compared to the fully matte options. He said that most people that come to him wanting full matte change their mind as soon as he shows them a panel in flat/matte, and a panel in satin. They all end up getting the satin. Full flat just looks too unnatural to most. I'm hoping there is a satin option for the thicker ppf stuff he is going to get in.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
it depends on what his options are. my jeep and my jag are both wrapped in a satin finish right now, and i love it. Looks better/cooler than the shiny to me, and still has a little shine compared to the fully matte options. He said that most people that come to him wanting full matte change their mind as soon as he shows them a panel in flat/matte, and a panel in satin. They all end up getting the satin. Full flat just looks too unnatural to most. I'm hoping there is a satin option for the thicker ppf stuff he is going to get in.
yeah i agree the matte finishes look a bit drab. then the braptor becomes like a hum-vee! 😝

businessgoose

Founding Member
Apr 7, 2022
Gallery
SLC UT
I found more pictures of the bronco above, with better lighting. it looks like xpel has some sheen to it, I like the look of it. That might be the way to go. I got mine in black paint, so i'm hoping to get a white or very light grey ppf option with that same stealth sheen. Either that or bright mclaren orange haha. i'm undecided.

Attachments

• IMG_8764.JPG
    IMG_8764.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_8765.JPG
    IMG_8765.JPG
    248.6 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_8766.JPG
    IMG_8766.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_8767.JPG
    IMG_8767.JPG
    215.7 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_8768.JPG
    IMG_8768.JPG
    305.6 KB · Views: 192

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
That Stealth PPF is awesome stuff! I'm really considering it for my Bronco Raptor. Especially, because I'm getting Shadow Black. If you're going to have a black vehicle then PPF is the only way to go. It ALWAYS looks good and it makes it a breeze to wash. I'm leaning towards Stealth instead of just clear PPF, but we will see!

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
That Stealth PPF is awesome stuff! I'm really considering it for my Bronco Raptor. Especially, because I'm getting Shadow Black. If you're going to have a black vehicle then PPF is the only way to go. It ALWAYS looks good and it makes it a breeze to wash. I'm leaning towards Stealth instead of just clear PPF, but we will see!
One of the guys over at B6G posted these pics of his Black 2D Bronco wrapped in Expel Stealth PPF. Looks real nice!

Expel Stealth PPF 1.jpg

Expel Stealth PPF 2.jpg

The sky is the limit with PPF :cool:
Stripes Raptor.jpg

Last edited:

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I think the Stealth PPF could also help soften the transition between the Bronco Raptor's fenders and the body. Making it look a lot more cohesive and consistent between all the different surface finishes.

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
I think the Stealth PPF could also help soften the transition between the Bronco Raptor's fenders and the body. Making it look a lot more cohesive and consistent between all the different surface finishes.
My issue again is the price tag of wrapping. I just can't swollow that after paying 80k. Though some would say why not protect the investment

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
My issue again is the price tag of wrapping. I just can't swollow that after paying 80k. Though some would say why not protect the investment
It's definitely a pricey option, but the peace of mind after having it done is definitely worth it! I plan on keeping the Bronco Raptor for a long time so I feel like I will get my money's worth out of it. The resale is usually higher as well so it's not a total loss option. I find it usually pays for itself.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
It's definitely a pricey option, but the peace of mind after having it done is definitely worth it! I plan on keeping the Bronco Raptor for a long time so I feel like I will get my money's worth out of it. The resale is usually higher as well so it's not a total loss option. I find it usually pays for itself.
In hot southern climates (like Florida and California), these coatings only last 4-5 years. Plus they really don't self-heal if rocks or branchs cut thru that 13 microns. My rig will be a desert rat, so I'm just going to suffer the badges of honor, and maybe repaint after a few years (likely for less than a Stealth application).

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
I am having mine wrapped in clear PPF. Doing the entire exterior that’s painted. Then they are going to ceramic coat it to include the wheels off and the fender flares. Having windows tinted with ceramic tint and the front windshield done in a clear wrap to protect against chips. This is all running about 8,000. I think its really worth the cost. I have used PPF on my cars for years and the stuff really protects your paint.

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
I am having mine wrapped in clear PPF. Doing the entire exterior that’s painted. Then they are going to ceramic coat it to include the wheels off and the fender flares. Having windows tinted with ceramic tint and the front windshield done in a clear wrap to protect against chips. This is all running about 8,000. I think its really worth the cost. I have used PPF on my cars for years and the stuff really protects your paint.
Thanks for giving us a reference price. So where are you located and are you planning this to be a pavement princess or will it be rough and tough and subject to scratches?? Someone said in hot climates it doesn't last and with abuse it doesn't last just curious.

Top Member Reactions