Founding Member
Apr 1, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Land Rover Defender
Thanks for giving us a reference price. So where are you located and are you planning this to be a pavement princess or will it be rough and tough and subject to scratches?? Someone said in hot climates it doesn't last and with abuse it doesn't last just curious.
Got three expel stealth quotes today in Cleveland area. Two came in at $7-$7500 plus tax. Best was $4500 plus tax with free front window tint. Since ford deleted the beadlock wheels for me and saved me $2000 I may just do the expel when I finally get mine sometime in Jan (I hope)

SevoSandman

Founding Member
Oct 12, 2022
Gallery
NorCal
Current Ride
2022 Ox White BRaptor
Current Ride #2
In the stable... GR86 10th Anniversary Ed, 4Runner TSE, Cayenne GTS, Cayman S, 235i, Lotus Elise
One other thing to consider is ExoShield windshield protection. I’m planning to have mine installed on 10/19 along with the tint. With the vertical windshields on the BRaptors, it’d be a worthwhile investment…🪨⚠️
Will do the wrap as well, but hunting for graphics prior to install. 🧐

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
I had full paint protection film on all painted surfaces, full ceramic coating to include the bumpers-wheels and hard top and 5% ceramic window tint. I have had it back from the shop for a week and they did an Amazing job on it at So Cal Auto Spa in Knoxville TN. Going back in tomorrow for a courtesy wash and for them to check everything is adhering like it should.
83EC0FB5-4063-45A0-8128-F041BBA29668.jpeg
DF9CE828-D572-4B78-80D6-89FCF0E52016.jpeg
91540C26-0127-4DAC-B8D6-F91BAB2D4E71.jpeg
01738F9E-8D77-4F4A-8ED7-2797569E24F0.jpeg

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
I had full paint protection film on all painted surfaces, full ceramic coating to include the bumpers-wheels and hard top and 5% ceramic window tint. I have had it back from the shop for a week and they did an Amazing job on it at So Cal Auto Spa in Knoxville TN. Going back in tomorrow for a courtesy wash and for them to check everything is adhering like it should.
Pictures are great! I love the shine of the clear gloss PPF and is what I am wanting to do also. I'm sure the ceramic coating only adds to it. It definitely looks great. Whenever I finally get my BR I may have to reach out to you for some more info...

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
So Cal Auto Spa in Knoxville? Do they have a Knoxville Auto Spa in So Cal? 😀😀 If they did, I would go there!

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Did you also have the PPF headlight and fog light kit installed? Really helps prevent sandblast effect on lenses and almost break proof protection. If not, those are quick installs that they may be able to do while you wait if they had advance notice.

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
Did you also have the PPF headlight and fog light kit installed? Really helps prevent sandblast effect on lenses and almost break proof protection. If not, those are quick installs that they may be able to do while you wait if they had advance notice.
I did have the headlights covered but not sure on the fog lights. I will have to check them.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
It looks great and it should stay that way now that it is completely protected! (y)

Toffs

Founding Member
Mar 31, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
I took delivery of a Code Orange Raptor and did a full wrap. I have previously used XPEL Ultimate Plus on my vehicles with great success. The only downside to XPEL Ultimate Plus is that it requires a ceramic coating on top of the ppf. XPEL just released XPEL Fusion Plus which incorporates the ceramic coating into the ppf. So far, I really like the new film -- gives the paint tremendous depth. The shop (AP3 Atlanta) wrapped the painted panels in Fusion Plus and did the the grill and fenders in stealth. Turned out great - I will snap a picture or two and attach later. The cost was $5,250. I will be off roading this vehicle and believe the film will be an asset. If you are still waiting for your Raptor, know that it is worth the wait!

onthelookout

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
I took delivery of a Code Orange Raptor and did a full wrap. I have previously used XPEL Ultimate Plus on my vehicles with great success. The only downside to XPEL Ultimate Plus is that it requires a ceramic coating on top of the ppf. XPEL just released XPEL Fusion Plus which incorporates the ceramic coating into the ppf. So far, I really like the new film -- gives the paint tremendous depth. The shop (AP3 Atlanta) wrapped the painted panels in Fusion Plus and did the the grill and fenders in stealth. Turned out great - I will snap a picture or two and attach later. The cost was $5,250. I will be off roading this vehicle and believe the film will be an asset. If you are still waiting for your Raptor, know that it is worth the wait!
I’m debating on doing a satin / stealth wrap on the Braptor fenders. Do you think it’s worth it? They have a bit of a flake in them, so trying to think how that’ll all look with satin over them. You able to post some photos of your fenders?

Toffs

Founding Member
Mar 31, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
I’m debating on doing a satin / stealth wrap on the Braptor fenders. Do you think it’s worth it? They have a bit of a flake in them, so trying to think how that’ll all look with satin over them. You able to post some photos of your fenders?
I will take some photos and post them. To be honest, you would not know that they were wrapped using the stealth wrap. The gloss wrap, on the other hand, would change the appearance. The wrap will also make the errant drop of gasoline after a fill up that much easier to remove!

onthelookout

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
I will take some photos and post them. To be honest, you would not know that they were wrapped using the stealth wrap. The gloss wrap, on the other hand, would change the appearance. The wrap will also make the errant drop of gasoline after a fill up that much easier to remove!
Appreciate that insight - definitely leaning towards adding it on now. And thanks in advance for sharing some pictures.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Not the best lighting, but i believe it gives you some perspective. There really is not a "shine" to the fenders.
Thank you! :cool: Looks great, I was debating gloss or stealth on the flares, I think I'm going now with the stealth. Your installer did a great job!

BRaptor813

Founding Member
Mar 23, 2022
Gallery
Tampa, Florida
Here is a video of my Bronco Raptor being wrapped. This is the XPEL film ceramic coated. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

RDM2311

Nov 11, 2022
Gallery
Houston
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Other cars
Here is a video of my Bronco Raptor being wrapped. This is the XPEL film ceramic coated. Enjoy!

I wrap all my cars. I’ve had Xpel do and currently use Endless Protective Solutions. I think the costs are similar at different places but the work is not. EPS uses an Eastman film which I like better than Xpel. The variation I’ve seen in wraps is the amount of disassembly the installer does (for instance, I had a GT500 done recently and EPS took apart the hood, they take off the mirrors, etc. You can’t see a single film line on the car. With Bronco Raptor, he’ll have to take off the fender protection, take apart the hood, etc. That’s one difference. I’ve had dealerships do it before (they like to do this because they can mark up the film and pay the wholesale installation rate) and I’ve seen lines on the film. The other big difference I’ve seen is some installers will cut the paint during installation. The film is precut using templates, but sometimes they’ll free hand parts of the car if they don’t want to, say take off the a part to install the film around it. I’m waiting to do my Bronco Raptor until I can get the badges on the back so I don’t have to reuse them. They are backordered from Ford. I’ll post photos once it’s wrapped and EPS will likely make a video that I’ll post.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I wrap all my cars. I’ve had Xpel do and currently use Endless Protective Solutions. I think the costs are similar at different places but the work is not. EPS uses an Eastman film which I like better than Xpel. The variation I’ve seen in wraps is the amount of disassembly the installer does (for instance, I had a GT500 done recently and EPS took apart the hood, they take off the mirrors, etc. You can’t see a single film line on the car. With Bronco Raptor, he’ll have to take off the fender protection, take apart the hood, etc. That’s one difference. I’ve had dealerships do it before (they like to do this because they can mark up the film and pay the wholesale installation rate) and I’ve seen lines on the film. The other big difference I’ve seen is some installers will cut the paint during installation. The film is precut using templates, but sometimes they’ll free hand parts of the car if they don’t want to, say take off the a part to install the film around it. I’m waiting to do my Bronco Raptor until I can get the badges on the back so I don’t have to reuse them. They are backordered from Ford. I’ll post photos once it’s wrapped and EPS will likely make a video that I’ll post.
Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com and Congrats on your new Raptor. 🍻 The PPF, wraps, etc is very labor intensive and the installers talent is definitely the biggest contributor to a awesome job. Thank you for your insights. (y)

Top Member Reactions