Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
Thanks for giving us a reference price. So where are you located and are you planning this to be a pavement princess or will it be rough and tough and subject to scratches?? Someone said in hot climates it doesn't last and with abuse it doesn't last just curious.
I am in Knoxville TN. I have had great luck in this area with PPF. This will be a payment princess for sure. I am not going to destroy a hundred thousand dollar vehicle in the woods. Anyone in this area we have a master PPF installer and she does all my vehicles. I can steer you her direction but only in a DM. I don’t want to put anyones name on here without asking them first.

OP
supersix

supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
I saw this "fighter jet" wrapped C8 at the Austin Auto Show a few weeks ago. A concept like this would be killer on the Bronco Raptor.

c8-corvette-military-wrap.JPG

Thenewjs

Founding Member
Feb 21, 2022
Gallery
DC
I am having mine wrapped in clear PPF. Doing the entire exterior that’s painted. Then they are going to ceramic coat it to include the wheels off and the fender flares. Having windows tinted with ceramic tint and the front windshield done in a clear wrap to protect against chips. This is all running about 8,000. I think its really worth the cost. I have used PPF on my cars for years and the stuff really protects your paint.
Yep, this about price I was quoted in the DMV for STEK.

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
im a Xpel dealer and would say its worth th the investment if you plan to off-road at all. My BRaptor is getting full body PPF just not stealth.

It's a sizable investment for sure. So what is the warranty like? Like many others in the North East like me do a lot of woods driving that scratches paint quite a bit. What happens when the wrap gets gouges and parts peel back from twigs/branches? Does the wrap get replaced under warranty? Or is it more of a clause stating terms like "normal use" which would negate a claim?

I can see it being great for folks who off road in the desert without constant exposure to the woods. I know it's a great product for street use and it looks amazing, but I know zero people who have had success with any brand of wrap who off road tree lined trails in the North East.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
It's a sizable investment for sure. So what is the warranty like? Like many others in the North East like me do a lot of woods driving that scratches paint quite a bit. What happens when the wrap gets gouges and parts peel back from twigs/branches? Does the wrap get replaced under warranty? Or is it more of a clause stating terms like "normal use" which would negate a claim?

I can see it being great for folks who off road in the desert without constant exposure to the woods. I know it's a great product for street use and it looks amazing, but I know zero people who have had success with any brand of wrap who off road tree lined trails in the North East.
SoCal deserts (Mojave, Anza-Borrego) are full of thorny chapparal and loose rock/gravel, lots of opportunity for pin-striping and pitting. I'm likely not a "wrapper" either, Dogg! ;)

sunpro2010

Founding Member
May 13, 2022
Gallery
North Carolina

you are correct in regards to warranty. It would most likely fall under customer abuse lol. That being said I had my Tacoma wrapped in Stealth and used it in the woods of NC mountains. didn't have any issues with gouges. Now im not saying it can't happen but it didn't to me. A good installer will wrap edges that are most likely to peel. I also ran my truck and my car (full front PPF) through automatic car washes, not recommended, to verify durability. A car wash with rotating brushes would pull up film before brush or limbs would. have never had a issue. Auto carwashes will kill the self healing top coat over time. I am fortunate that im a dealer and installer so I don't have to pay a premium for it.

BRaptor813

Founding Member
Mar 23, 2022
Gallery
Tampa, Florida
I am getting quotes for wrapping the Bronco Raptor. Couple of questions: is XPEL the best most durable stuff, what does ceramic coating the wheels do and what is stealth? Also here is my most recent quote, do you think this is the going rate? Thanks in advance!

Paint Protection Film (PPF): PPF is designed to help minimize damage from rock chips, love bugs, and road debris. For a safe and cleaner install, we use XPEL templates that have been modified to wrap edges where applicable. We also use XPEL Ultimate Plus film that comes with a 10-year warranty.

Below are some options with pricing.

• 24” Hood, Fenders, Mirrors with wrapped edges - $350.
  • Bumper - $300.
  • Lights - $150.
  • Full Hood, Full Fenders, Mirrors, Bumper - $1600.
  • Windshield Surrounds - $400.
  • Rockers - $500.
  • Entire - $5000.
  • Entire Stealth - $6000.

Other services that you may be interested in:

Window Tint: For sport utility vehicles you have a few options because most have factory shaded glass in the rear half. Factory shaded glass is just that, shaded. Typically very low heat rejection and little to no UV protection. We recommend ceramic or infrared (IR) window films for maximum heat rejection. All windows including the back will be installed in one piece by a master window tint professional with over 28 years of experience. We use computer cut software to ensure a perfect fit as well as a safe / clean install. All film manufacturers provide a Lifetime warranty and multiple shades. Below are some options with pricing.

Two Fronts Only:

• XPEL Prime XR (Ceramic) - $150 (50-55% heat rejection) (typically best match)
  • XPEL Prime XR Plus (Ceramic & IR) - $200 (98% IR Rejection)

Sides and Back (includes front doors)

• XPEL Prime XR (Ceramic) - $500 (50-55% heat rejection)
  • XPEL Prime XR Plus (Ceramic & IR) - $600 (98% IR Rejection)
Windshields in Clear:

• XPEL Prime XR (Ceramic) - $250
  • XPEL Prime XR Plus (Ceramic & IR) - $300

Paint Correction – Ceramic Coatings: The paint correction process removes light surface scratches, swirl marks and blemishes. This process however doesn’t repair rock chips. Once the paint has been corrected and PPF has been applied, the ceramic coating is applied to increase the gloss and shine allowing for easier cleanings. From our testing we like Gtechniq and XPEL coatings.

• Light polish – multi step correction with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra & EXO - $1800 - $2200
  • Wheels and calipers - $400.

businessgoose

Founding Member
Apr 7, 2022
Gallery
SLC UT
I am getting quotes for wrapping the Bronco Raptor. Couple of questions: is XPEL the best most durable stuff, what does ceramic coating the wheels do and what is stealth? Also here is my most recent quote, do you think this is the going rate? Thanks in advance!

Paint Protection Film (PPF): PPF is designed to help minimize damage from rock chips, love bugs, and road debris. For a safe and cleaner install, we use XPEL templates that have been modified to wrap edges where applicable. We also use XPEL Ultimate Plus film that comes with a 10-year warranty.

Below are some options with pricing.

• 24” Hood, Fenders, Mirrors with wrapped edges - $350.
  • Bumper - $300.
  • Lights - $150.
  • Full Hood, Full Fenders, Mirrors, Bumper - $1600.
  • Windshield Surrounds - $400.
  • Rockers - $500.
  • Entire - $5000.
  • Entire Stealth - $6000.

Other services that you may be interested in:

Window Tint: For sport utility vehicles you have a few options because most have factory shaded glass in the rear half. Factory shaded glass is just that, shaded. Typically very low heat rejection and little to no UV protection. We recommend ceramic or infrared (IR) window films for maximum heat rejection. All windows including the back will be installed in one piece by a master window tint professional with over 28 years of experience. We use computer cut software to ensure a perfect fit as well as a safe / clean install. All film manufacturers provide a Lifetime warranty and multiple shades. Below are some options with pricing.

Two Fronts Only:

• XPEL Prime XR (Ceramic) - $150 (50-55% heat rejection) (typically best match)
  • XPEL Prime XR Plus (Ceramic & IR) - $200 (98% IR Rejection)

Sides and Back (includes front doors)

• XPEL Prime XR (Ceramic) - $500 (50-55% heat rejection)
  • XPEL Prime XR Plus (Ceramic & IR) - $600 (98% IR Rejection)
Windshields in Clear:

• XPEL Prime XR (Ceramic) - $250
  • XPEL Prime XR Plus (Ceramic & IR) - $300

Paint Correction – Ceramic Coatings: The paint correction process removes light surface scratches, swirl marks and blemishes. This process however doesn’t repair rock chips. Once the paint has been corrected and PPF has been applied, the ceramic coating is applied to increase the gloss and shine allowing for easier cleanings. From our testing we like Gtechniq and XPEL coatings.

• Light polish – multi step correction with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra & EXO - $1800 - $2200
  • Wheels and calipers - $400.
Mine is at the shop right now getting stealth put on. Those prices are very good for it honestly. The only thing stealth does is change the sheen from your regular glossy finish to a satin finish. It looks really good, I'll find a picture of the one my guy did before mine.
I am going to do ceramic coating on the fender flares and possibly the mirrors/other plastics. Most likely will do it on the windshield too. I want to do the wheels but I'm also thinking i may switch to method wheels soon, i'm undecided.

businessgoose

Founding Member
Apr 7, 2022
Gallery
SLC UT
Mine is at the shop right now getting stealth put on. Those prices are very good for it honestly. The only thing stealth does is change the sheen from your regular glossy finish to a satin finish. It looks really good, I'll find a picture of the one my guy did before mine.
This is the Bronco my guy did earlier this year in stealth. I'm excited to see it on my black raptor. It shows the sheen, not fully matte, still a little shine to it. Its ceramic and self healing as well, so if you find yourself at a touchy carwash, you won't get swirls and scratches.

IMG_0210.jpg

Top Member Reactions