Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
Anybody here brave enough to take their BRaptor on the Rubicon? The epic 2023 snow pack may be an additional objective hazard this year.

snotel.jpg

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Nope, not brave enough….yet. I’m waiting to see some other maniac with a Raptor do it first. There are a couple obstacles that will/may give the Raptor‘s width some trouble.

Ive been snow wheeling a lot up near the Rubicon Trailhead at Loon Lake and there is definitely a bunch of snow that will present challenges later into the season than normal (or since 1951 for that matter). And we’ll be getting another foot or so tomorrow.

OP
ChiliPepper

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Boy Howdy, 15 ft ought to smooth out some of those obstacles. You're right about the fat butt Raptor being too wide

Metal-tech 4x4

Mar 13, 2023
Gallery
Pacific North West
Current Ride
2022 Badlands - Sqach Built
Current Ride #2
Lexus GX470 overland built
I am running it 3rd week in June in my Badlands. My Braptor is "scheduled" to be delivered before then, however that is not enough time to prep it. So its 2.3/7sp on 37s going in with 5 built FJ40s. Developing now all new products for Metal-tech 4x4 of skids etc. for it that I also plan to cross over to the Braptor when it comes in. Rubicon will be the testing ground for rocks on the new armor. (that bolts on with our sliders)

I have ran the Rubicon in built FJ40's, FJ Cruisers, FZJ80 Landcruisers. (running 33" to 37" tires) Widest for me was the FJ Cruiser with custom long travel (wider) A arms and offset rims on 35's putting it at 85" wide, just shy of the Braptor by 0.6". (Ran Little Sluice in it) 85" on the Con, it's doable, however 100% leave the stock Braptor fenders home or the trail will take them. I always say the trail will remove what it does not need.

BTW we will shoot full video etc. of this run to share. Like all the other videos we have on our YouTube channel.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Video of a couple of guys taking a tracked SxS up the Rubicon Trail to Ellis Creek Bridge….

around 6:00 they pass through gatekeeper
around 7:30 over the slabs
and some general idiocy at the 8:30-45 mark

it looks a ‘little“ different than it does in summer….

OP
ChiliPepper

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Geez, missed the jump. Ice tools would have been good insurance.

Last edited:

DocPewPro

Apr 1, 2023
Gallery
Reno
Military
Army
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
F250 Superduty
First Responder
Firefighter
I am running it 3rd week in June in my Badlands. My Braptor is "scheduled" to be delivered before then, however that is not enough time to prep it. So its 2.3/7sp on 37s going in with 5 built FJ40s. Developing now all new products for Metal-tech 4x4 of skids etc. for it that I also plan to cross over to the Braptor when it comes in. Rubicon will be the testing ground for rocks on the new armor. (that bolts on with our sliders)

I have ran the Rubicon in built FJ40's, FJ Cruisers, FZJ80 Landcruisers. (running 33" to 37" tires) Widest for me was the FJ Cruiser with custom long travel (wider) A arms and offset rims on 35's putting it at 85" wide, just shy of the Braptor by 0.6". (Ran Little Sluice in it) 85" on the Con, it's doable, however 100% leave the stock Braptor fenders home or the trail will take them. I always say the trail will remove what it does not need.

BTW we will shoot full video etc. of this run to share. Like all the other videos we have on our YouTube channel.
Can’t wait to see how yours does on the trail. What raptor parts are you guys going to make?

OP
ChiliPepper

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder

0717230919a.jpg

TriTownBronco

Jul 27, 2023
Gallery
Pasco,Wa
Military
Army
Current Ride
2023 BRaptor Azure Gray
Current Ride #2
2023 Tacoma TRD Off Road
First Responder
LE
New to the group... Planning a Rubicon Trail Run with a couple EBs and G6s. Concerned about the fenders on the BRaptor (obviously). Anyone know of a fender delete or low profile fender flare kit available? I'm aware of the full replacement fenders but was hoping there would be something more easily changeable for the trails. Tahnks in advance!

OP
ChiliPepper

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
FYI, removing the BR flares are not as easy to remove as the regular Broncos. Running with the flare leaves the wheel liners hanging so you either have to remove them or find a flare delete kit (as you requested) to secure the liners.

Please post any findings you may have. Also, check out Vaughn Gittin Jr and Fun-Haver on the Rubicon with his Bronco Badlands. FYI, I am not promoting the LiteBrite people, but do appreciate the video.

OP
ChiliPepper

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
That dang forward trailing arm bracket . . .
Screenshot_20230809-213846.png
Kevin takes a winch to clear the step.

Here's our buddies on the Rubicon with their BR. Best to turn the volume off.

So glad my JCR rear bumper is 3" narrower on each side compared to the OEM bumper. I'm still looking for a BR flair delete kit.

Screenshot_20230809-215048~2.png

Last edited:

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
That dang forward trailing arm bracket . . .
View attachment 9292
Kevin takes a winch to clear the step.

Here's our buddies on the Rubicon with the BR. Best to turn the volume off.

So glad my JCR rear bumper is 3" narrower on each side compared to the OEM bumper. I'm still looking for a BR flair delete kit.

View attachment 9294

Ford should have added the trailing arm bracket skid like on the Badlands...

IMG_4947.jpeg

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Is it possible the newer Bronco Raptors being produced have them on them?

Those skids look really nice for on the Badlands frame.
Yes the mini skids are quite rugged and impressive looking. Pic is from my wife's new Badlands, when I noticed them I was very surprised the Raptor didn't have them since the Raptor lower track arm bracket hangs further downward from the frame than the Badlands.

OP
ChiliPepper

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Yes the mini skids are quite rugged and impressive looking. Pic is from my wife's new Badlands, when I noticed them I was very surprised the Raptor didn't have them since the Raptor lower track arm bracket hangs further downward from the frame than the Badlands.
I've got bracket envy. ;)

I'm trying to read the PN on the bracket and skid . . . 50429AF ?? This is the only number on my brackets.
1691700787903.png
1691702524301.png

Interestingly, the Ford parts catalog shows the BR and a Bandlands/Sas frame have the same forward bracket, aka spring shackle bracket, PN MB3Z-5775B. Althought the Badlands does show the little skid without a PN.
1691701062478.png

1691701087264.png

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions