What did you do to your Bronco Raptor today?

TCopp

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2022
Gallery
KC
Current Ride
Raptor
First Responder
Paramedic
Roach is the name of the horse from The Witcher. It’s a book series/ videogame series/ Netflix show. Really the only consistent character across all 3 adaptations 😂
I knew I recognized that name from somewhere. haha.

Feb 7, 2023
Gallery
wi
Current Ride
22 Braptor
Current Ride #2
12' Raptor
Got rid of the ridiculous 3 rdbrake light and went to a circular one inside the spare tire. not only looks cleaner from the back its brighter too! Now I can see whats behind me !!

Attachments

• brake lights.jpg
    brake lights.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2834.jpg
    IMG_2834.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 48

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Got rid of the ridiculous 3 rdbrake light and went to a circular one inside the spare tire. not only looks cleaner from the back its brighter too! Now I can see whats behind me !!

I like the idea of having a little better rear visibility so the thought has crossed my mind of something like this. I do wonder if it will cause any issues with State Inspections given the regulations requiring the 3 marker lights. Probably depends on the garage doing the inspection. Would probably prefer some sort of relocation bracket like we see on Jeeps.

But I also have to say that I kind of like seeing the Raptor logo everytime I look in my rearview mirror:)

1681761379498.png

Feb 7, 2023
Gallery
wi
Current Ride
22 Braptor
Current Ride #2
12' Raptor
I like the idea of having a little better rear visibility so the thought has crossed my mind of something like this. I do wonder if it will cause any issues with State Inspections given the regulations requiring the 3 marker lights. Probably depends on the garage doing the inspection. Would probably prefer some sort of relocation bracket like we see on Jeeps.

But I also have to say that I kind of like seeing the Raptor logo everytime I look in my rearview mirror:)

View attachment 7633
Fortunately, I don't have to worry about any inspections or emissions where I'm at. The problem with other systems is they don't have the three lights ( no one knows what they're for anyway unless your a raptor owner ) and you have to remove them to get the spare tire off. This mounts behind the spare so It stays in place when the tire is removed.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Fortunately, I don't have to worry about any inspections or emissions where I'm at. The problem with other systems is they don't have the three lights ( no one knows what they're for anyway unless your a raptor owner ) and you have to remove them to get the spare tire off. This mounts behind the spare so It stays in place when the tire is removed.
JTop Bimini is on and forecast is blue skies and warming.

installation was a snap, with the hardest part waiting 24 hours to let Velcro adhesive cure.

Theres a few OCD issues that I’ll probably have to accept or adjust. A slight wrinkle in the front seat area, cutout for the satellite antenna, the rearmost part of the Velcro dips down the roll bar when its straight the rest of the way and the seen in bars in the center back sit a little funny. Minor things but the OCD will never forget they exist.
125AC9F9-AD95-409E-9D89-D940FE92E8FF.jpeg
BF56B59A-04A9-47C5-8B41-488F2ECA0FC1.jpeg
EBC3630E-0A1B-4BDD-92BE-5DE379A206EE.jpeg
0683F8FC-DDA3-4312-AFBD-D3695F48F925.jpeg

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
JTop Bimini is on and forecast is blue skies and warming.

installation was a snap, with the hardest part waiting 24 hours to let Velcro adhesive cure.

Theres a few OCD issues that I’ll probably have to accept or adjust. A slight wrinkle in the front seat area, cutout for the satellite antenna, the rearmost part of the Velcro dips down the roll bar when its straight the rest of the way and the seen in bars in the center back sit a little funny. Minor things but the OCD will never forget they exist.
View attachment 7656View attachment 7657

I’m planning on ordering a replacement set of the Velcro strips and applying some additional section to the rear bars as the mesh top extends wider than I initially placed the Velcro and therefore there’s little actual connection there. While I’m at it I’m going to pull up the rear section and trim down a push pin that sticks from the underside and is poking into the vinyl section on the JTops.

But same here, my OCD is struggling with getting the mesh aligned with the rear antenna pod.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
If you remember, I pulled my front IAG Interior lights off their brackets in preparation for the JTops a few weeks ago. At the time I had ideas of ultimately trimming off the tabs that connect to the bracket just to clean it up a bit. Well I found the adhesion from the Velcro used to hold them in place wasn’t what I would like as I kept knocking them around. Additionally I’m always adjusting the rear ones as the long bracket makes it pretty easy for those to get off angle.

Took care of all those issues today. Simply applied felt tape to the back of all the lights and screwed them in directly into the bars with no brackets. They fit perfectly in the recesses and the JTops helps hide the wiring attaching them. Sitting in the recesses also doesn’t block any of the light to the cabin. I’m assuming there’s no safety issue in the case of an airbag deployment as the seam should be below the lights. Far happier with this install but realize that the value in the brackets was spreading the light sources closer to the where they are needed. Will see when I use them at night if I really notice anything but they added so much brightness that It was almost too much.

IMG_4558.jpeg

IMG_4559.jpeg

IMG_4560.jpeg

And while I was at it, I installed some matte ‘carbon fiber’ trim pieces over the door pulls. I think they match the OEM CF a little better than gloss and add just enough additional cf style given the CF package doesn’t exactly add much to the interior design. And I’ll keep telling myself that they help protect against scratches in that area as well :)

IMG_4561.jpeg

IMG_4562.jpeg

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
I’m planning on ordering a replacement set of the Velcro strips and applying some additional section to the rear bars as the mesh top extends wider than I initially placed the Velcro and therefore there’s little actual connection there. While I’m at it I’m going to pull up the rear section and trim down a push pin that sticks from the underside and is poking into the vinyl section on the JTops.

But same here, my OCD is struggling with getting the mesh aligned with the rear antenna pod.
The other thing that I forgot to mention is the need for some seatbelt clips. The rear seatbelts were playing crack the whip back there in my freeway speed test run.

I’ve also come to the conclusion (and acted in it) that I’m going to need a hard top lift. My wife doesn’t want to ride in it with the top off, and I can’t be calling my friends up for a favor all the time.

On next weeks episode of WDYDTYBRT…. Randy is anxiously awaiting delivery on a Smarter Home Hard Top Lifter. He’ll be Trying to figure out which garage bay to put it, if I’ll need to move (or add more) lighting and contemplating cable management (the OCD coming on already).

I hope it’ll be as easy to use as it looks

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
The other thing that I forgot to mention is the need for some seatbelt clips. The rear seatbelts were playing crack the whip back there in my freeway speed test run.

I’ve also come to the conclusion (and acted in it) that I’m going to need a hard top lift. My wife doesn’t want to ride in it with the top off, and I can’t be calling my friends up for a favor all the time.

On next weeks episode of WDYDTYBRT…. Randy is anxiously awaiting delivery on a Smarter Home Hard Top Lifter. He’ll be Trying to figure out which garage bay to put it, if I’ll need to move (or add more) lighting and contemplating cable management (the OCD coming on already).

I’m interested in how your lift works. I have a DIY cam strap system that takes me about an hour either way. My wife actually enjoys riding without the top but won’t let me install something in the ceiling other than the 4 O-Rings to support the straps.

As for the seatbelts, I installed the Seatbelt Retention Buckles from StickerFab to keep the rear belts from rattling all day.

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal

On the subject of wind impact on the interior while the top is off, I just got four paracord handles. But I am concerned that with the top removed during freeway speed driving, they might flap around annoyingly, does anyone know either way?

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
I’m interested in how your lift works. I have a DIY cam strap system that takes me about an hour either way. My wife actually enjoys riding without the top but won’t let me install something in the ceiling other than the 4 O-Rings to support the straps.

As for the seatbelts, I installed the Seatbelt Retention Buckles from StickerFab to keep the rear belts from rattling all day.
I have these buckles and they are great! So far the only seatbelt that has made any noise now is the middle one when the wind hits it right. The only nuance I’ve run into with these is remembering to take them out before driving anyone. Otherwise people just start yanking at the belts confused when the aren’t moving.

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
If you remember, I pulled my front IAG Interior lights off their brackets in preparation for the JTops a few weeks ago. At the time I had ideas of ultimately trimming off the tabs that connect to the bracket just to clean it up a bit. Well I found the adhesion from the Velcro used to hold them in place wasn’t what I would like as I kept knocking them around. Additionally I’m always adjusting the rear ones as the long bracket makes it pretty easy for those to get off angle.

Took care of all those issues today. Simply applied felt tape to the back of all the lights and screwed them in directly into the bars with no brackets. They fit perfectly in the recesses and the JTops helps hide the wiring attaching them. Sitting in the recesses also doesn’t block any of the light to the cabin. I’m assuming there’s no safety issue in the case of an airbag deployment as the seam should be below the lights. Far happier with this install but realize that the value in the brackets was spreading the light sources closer to the where they are needed. Will see when I use them at night if I really notice anything but they added so much brightness that It was almost too much.

View attachment 7715

View attachment 7716

View attachment 7717

And while I was at it, I installed some matte ‘carbon fiber’ trim pieces over the door pulls. I think they match the OEM CF a little better than gloss and add just enough additional cf style given the CF package doesn’t exactly add much to the interior design. And I’ll keep telling myself that they help protect against scratches in that area as well :)

View attachment 7718

View attachment 7719
I’m also considering connecting the IAG lights to one of the aux switches so I can get the lights on with the flip of a switch. Have you (or anyone here) considered doing this?

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
I’m also considering connecting the IAG lights to one of the aux switches so I can get the lights on with the flip of a switch. Have you (or anyone here) considered doing this?
That’s how mine are connected. I didn’t connect to the harness so they only activate from the Aux Switch. I’m not interested in them coming on every time a door opens.

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
That’s how mine are connected. I didn’t connect to the harness so they only activate from the Aux Switch. I’m not interested in them coming on every time a door opens.
Nice! Which switch did you hook it up to and any good lessons learned for the install? Going to try and tackle that this weekend as well as hard wire the rear window oracle light to continuous power.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
On the subject of wind impact on the interior while the top is off, I just got four paracord handles. But I am concerned that with the top removed during freeway speed driving, they might flap around annoyingly, does anyone know either way?
With the Bimini on or off? With the Bimini on I didn’t notice any issues
Nice! Which switch did you hook it up to and any good lessons learned for the install? Going to try and tackle that this weekend as well as hard wire the rear window oracle light to continuous power.
one thing on hard wiring oracle rear window light….if you want to take your top off, don’t forget to add an accessible disconnect. Pretty obvious but ya never know…. 🤪

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
I have mine connected to Aux 5 as Aux 6 is connected to Rock Lights. Pretty simple install, it’s just a matter of getting the wire through the firewall grommet (pretty tough rubber) in the driver’s footwell. The Aux wiring is only a couple of feet away from where the IAG harness adapter sits near the drivers fuse panel.

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
With the Bimini on or off? With the Bimini on I didn’t notice any issues

one thing on hard wiring oracle rear window light….if you want to take your top off, don’t forget to add an accessible disconnect. Pretty obvious but ya never know…. 🤪
Haha that would be a tragic mistake! I did think about it and I’m working through the best connector for the job. Great catch though, you’ve clearly done a lot of work on your truck when your mind immediately goes to the single point of failure!

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Smarter Home Lifter. I have been looking at that as well as THIS one

Top Member Reactions