What did you do to your Bronco Raptor today?

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
A couple of small clean-up items today. When I installed the Velcro straps for my JTops, I realized that the rear sections of the top weren’t quite overlapping with the Velcro. So I ordered a replacement kit from JTops and instead of removing the entire thing and installing a new strip I just cut a 9 in long section and then split into 2 triangular pieces and installed. Now should have full contact patch for that rear section.

IMG_4582.jpeg

IMG_4583.jpeg

IMG_4584.jpeg

While I was at it I had noticed that there was a push-pin protruding through the c-pillar that was also pushing into the JTop vinyl. Concerned about an eventual tear I popped it out and trimmed it down a bit. Once the new Velcro sets overnight and I’m able to re-install I’m expecting that rubbing issue to be taken care of. I’m the second pic below you can barely see the point that I’m speaking of. That was before I had really tightened those straps down and it became more apparent after I got it as tight as I could.

IMG_4586.jpeg

IMG_4511.jpeg

Monday brings more exciting action: Foutz Front Leveling Collars being installed. #itsthesmallthingsthatmakeadifference

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
US Army Military Police K9
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Looks great, plus the black lug nuts. How do they sound?

TX Braptor

Apr 8, 2023
Gallery
Georgetown, TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 F150 Raptor 37 PP
Looks great, plus the black lug nuts. How do they sound?
Honestly these Yokohama G003 are an excellent tire and priced very competitive.
I ran 35x12.50 last year on a Tremor and was surprised how quiet they were for such an aggressive tire. Def have a hum compared to the KO2 but for a MT they are manageable and not as loud as most brands you hear howling down the highway.

I had 37x12.50 BFG KM3 on my Badlands and their actual specs are 36.5x12.5 and 77 lbs. 18/32 tread

The Yokohama specs are 36.8x13.1 and 76 lbs plus 21/32 so you get a lot more tire for the same weight and it shows. They ride very similar but $100 less per tire, so would def check out in you are in the market.

Attachments

• 469F3132-AFEB-48B1-8A2C-2F4EA514F05C.jpeg
    469F3132-AFEB-48B1-8A2C-2F4EA514F05C.jpeg
    262.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 968E611D-EBF2-4C76-B2AF-46079F2D0721.jpeg
    968E611D-EBF2-4C76-B2AF-46079F2D0721.jpeg
    301.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 759205DA-A0BF-4583-8DF3-98E771B485B7.jpeg
    759205DA-A0BF-4583-8DF3-98E771B485B7.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 51

OFP

Apr 7, 2023
Gallery
PNW, WA
Military
USMC
Current Ride
23' BRap
Current Ride #2
21' M2c
Pulled rear mud flaps. Installed tempered glass protector on lux panel. Car seats adjusted. Suma blue+blis+defrost mirrors.
Want to pivot to a different rail mount. Installed the archetype Byodr but want the smaller mount.

Just picked it up Tuesday after a 1k+ day wait since res. Love this. Been stalking this thread.

Planning seat jackers, rear seat protectors, turbo smart bov, and lux mats. Also want to remove the “recycle responsibly” front bumper flaps. Undecided on if I want RCI or Metaltech frame mounts. Leaning RCI. Really want AllPro style sliders similar to what was on my FJ.

CANT. STOP. SMILING.

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Pulled rear mud flaps. Installed tempered glass protector on lux panel. Car seats adjusted. Suma blue+blis+defrost mirrors.
Want to pivot to a different rail mount. Installed the archetype Byodr but want the smaller mount.

Just picked it up Tuesday after a 1k+ day wait since res. Love this. Been stalking this thread.

Planning seat jackers, rear seat protectors, turbo smart bov, and lux mats. Also want to remove the “recycle responsibly” front bumper flaps. Undecided on if I want RCI or Metaltech frame mounts. Leaning RCI. Really want AllPro style sliders similar to what was on my FJ.

CANT. STOP. SMILING.
How dare you not post pictures. Also what year FJ? I had an 08 Trail Teams FJ before my Bronco and it was amazing!

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor

CANT. STOP. SMILING.
Congrats on taking delivery and Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com! 🍻

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Maybe we need a thread for what did I di WITH my Raptor today?

I took it out to the East Fork of the Carson River today, was planning to explore Barney Riley trail, but we got pinned in by runoff. I anticipated the Carson River would be way too high to cross over to the hot springs, but we ran into more high water than expected on one of the other crossings ultimately forcing us back to where we started. Shortened but still fun day. I just didn’t want to be the first bronco Raptor U-Boat video

Fun trail, east side of river should dry up soon (not much snow on that side) but the EF Carson may be to high for a while with run off from sierras.

IMG_1681.jpeg
IMG_6296.jpeg
IMG_6289.jpeg
IMG_6286.jpeg
IMG_6290.jpeg
IMG_6306.jpeg

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Not competing with that fun from @JohnGalt - way more fun than I had today.

But as promised...I had the Foutz Leveling collars installed today: 1in collars on the front. Right now it's sitting a little high in the front as it needs to settle. But the gap from tire to wheel arch went from 7.25in to 9in with the 1in collar. The rear gap is right at 8.25in.

1682973905503.png

Before Side View:
1682974080837.png

After Side View:
1682974337806.png

Here's a before 3/4 view:
1682973814252.png

And here she is with the Leveling Kit:
1682973854441.png

Now I have another excuse to get her out and pound some rough terrain (pavement) to help it settle again...then probably adjust the headlights to not blind everyone.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Thanks for posting before and after picks! Let us know the measurements and driving impressions after it settles.

I was surprised by the dramatic initial change from rake to squat, hopefully that settles down nicely after you get it across some bumps, speed bumps if necessary.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Thanks for posting before and after picks! Let us know the measurements and driving impressions after it settles.

I was surprised by the dramatic initial change from rake to squat, hopefully that settles down nicely after you get it across some bumps, speed bumps if necessary.

Speed Bumps have become my favorite while in town. Going slower only makes them worse...maintaining my speed, if not speeding up smooths them out.

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Speed Bumps have become my favorite while in town. Going slower only makes them worse...maintaining my speed, if not speeding up smooths them out.
So admittedly I’m a little stupid when I comes to some of the upgrades I’m seeing everyone install, so I’m trying to learn as I go here. What exactly do leveling collars provide? Aside from looking absolutely badass with the squat. Bigger tires? More clearance? Thank you!

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
So admittedly I’m a little stupid when I comes to some of the upgrades I’m seeing everyone install, so I’m trying to learn as I go here. What exactly do leveling collars provide? Aside from looking absolutely badass with the squat. Bigger tires? More clearance? Thank you!
Here's my rather amateur take on it: depends on application and intent. All these are really doing is pre-loading the springs and adding a slight bit of lift without impacting the suspension geometry. So it will probably ride slightly stiffer with these but my perspective is that they're pretty soft already (esp Normal/Comfort). Anything > 3in would probably create some binding of the spring and therefore require more intense suspension upgrades.

I had the front levelled for no other reason than cosmetic as I have no intention of going larger than true 37s at some point. I do believe a front level will allow for most 38s without rubbing but not entirely sure. It will also improve the entry angle ever so slightly.

Now if you want to put some real beef (39/40) than I believe a 4-corner collar install is needed...probably 2+ inches in the front with another inch+ for the rear.

There are more experienced owners on here that will undoubtedly add more context...just my 2 cents worth.

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Here's my rather amateur take on it: depends on application and intent. All these are really doing is pre-loading the springs and adding a slight bit of lift without impacting the suspension geometry. So it will probably ride slightly stiffer with these but my perspective is that they're pretty soft already (esp Normal/Comfort). Anything > 3in would probably create some binding of the spring and therefore require more intense suspension upgrades.

I had the front levelled for no other reason than cosmetic as I have no intention of going larger than true 37s at some point. I do believe a front level will allow for most 38s without rubbing but not entirely sure. It will also improve the entry angle ever so slightly.

Now if you want to put some real beef (39/40) than I believe a 4-corner collar install is needed...probably 2+ inches in the front with another inch+ for the rear.

There are more experienced owners on here that will undoubtedly add more context...just my 2 cents worth.
Awesome, that answers all my questions. Thank you for taking the time to explain!

TX Braptor

Apr 8, 2023
Gallery
Georgetown, TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 F150 Raptor 37 PP
Not competing with that fun from @JohnGalt - way more fun than I had today.

But as promised...I had the Foutz Leveling collars installed today: 1in collars on the front. Right now it's sitting a little high in the front as it needs to settle. But the gap from tire to wheel arch went from 7.25in to 9in with the 1in collar. The rear gap is right at 8.25in.

View attachment 7984

Before Side View:
View attachment 7985

After Side View:
View attachment 7986

Here's a before 3/4 view:
View attachment 7982

And here she is with the Leveling Kit:
View attachment 7983

Now I have another excuse to get her out and pound some rough terrain (pavement) to help it settle again...then probably adjust the headlights to not blind everyone.
Hey Dallas, looking good!
I’m installing the same Foutz 1” front collars this Saturday. I have to say, your ride def has a squat now and I’m a little concerned about installing…..would you please post again in a few days to see how much the front end settles. I’ve done many levels on trucks and I did the Bilstein 6100s on my previous Badlands, but this appears to be the most dramatic increase with just an advertised 1” I have seen.

At the same time, I wouldn’t mind doing a 1” rear if needed, but only running “true” 37s and currently my front end is just over an inch rake now. Thanks for posting!
FE81A4B8-9573-4003-B613-D05C5AB04C4B.jpeg
A04742AB-F4CE-4449-BC31-D5832589F54D.jpeg

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Will do. I’ve driven it about 20 miles since picking it up this afternoon on a variety of roads but nothing real aggressive as I had my dog with me for some of it and later a stop at my local ‘beverage store’ to pick up stock for weekend golf trip (wasn’t risking breaking those bottles).

I wouldn’t say that I‘m not concerned about the squat, but I’d also say that the pictures slightly exaggerate the look. It’s almost imperceptible to the naked eye. I also checked with a level and only 1-2 degrees of squat right now. So on a scale of 1-10, my level of concern is a 2 simply because I prefer the ever so slight squat over the factory rake anyway AND I have full confidence that it will settle pretty easily. It’s only a 1“ collar so the squat is simply caused by the labor of the project and will come back, it’s just a question of how long given the limited driving I’ll be doing over the next few days.

Last edited:

M_Braptor

Mar 9, 2023
Gallery
Texas
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Ram 1500
A couple of small clean-up items today. When I installed the Velcro straps for my JTops, I realized that the rear sections of the top weren’t quite overlapping with the Velcro. So I ordered a replacement kit from JTops and instead of removing the entire thing and installing a new strip I just cut a 9 in long section and then split into 2 triangular pieces and installed. Now should have full contact patch for that rear section.

View attachment 7926

View attachment 7927

View attachment 7928

While I was at it I had noticed that there was a push-pin protruding through the c-pillar that was also pushing into the JTop vinyl. Concerned about an eventual tear I popped it out and trimmed it down a bit. Once the new Velcro sets overnight and I’m able to re-install I’m expecting that rubbing issue to be taken care of. I’m the second pic below you can barely see the point that I’m speaking of. That was before I had really tightened those straps down and it became more apparent after I got it as tight as I could.

View attachment 7929

View attachment 7930

Monday brings more exciting action: Foutz Front Leveling Collars being installed. #itsthesmallthingsthatmakeadifference
Do you find yourself loosening the back straps to get the front clips off and on?

M_Braptor

Mar 9, 2023
Gallery
Texas
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Ram 1500
Will do. I’ve driven it about 20 miles since picking it up this afternoon on a variety of roads but nothing real aggressive as I had my dog with me for some of it and later a stop at my local ‘beverage store’ to pick up stock for weekend golf trip (wasn’t risking breaking those bottles).

I wouldn’t say that I‘m not concerned about the squat, but I’d also say that the pictures slightly exaggerate the look. It’s almost imperceptible to the naked eye. I also checked with a level and only 1-2 degrees of squat right now. So on a scale of 1-10, my level of concern is a 2 simply because I prefer the ever so slight squat over the factory rake anyway AND I have full confidence that it will settle pretty easily. It’s only a 1“ collar so the squat is simply caused by the labor of the project and will come back, it’s just a question of how long given the limited driving I’ll be doing over the next few days.
The pictures make it look like a 15 degree angle and that you rear is an inch or greater lower. Could you post new pictures? I think you scared a lot people :)

Top Member Reactions