What did you do to your Bronco Raptor today?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I installed the DV8 storage box. It said specifically that it would not fit the Raptor but it fit with not modification. I chose to modify the piece in the center. Worked well. My use was to install a Kenwood 110W radio. but if someone needed some extra space its a great item! FYI the sound skins is a great improvement!

View attachment 9901View attachment 9902View attachment 9903
Nicely done, love your use of soundskins. I wonder if they are concerned the Raptor drivetrain under compression may interfere with the bottom which is lower. Not sure I would ever compress my rear suspension that far, but maybe a high speed off road jump may. Or, maybe the DV8 team just haven't confirmed the clearance with the Raptor yet.
Screen shot below from DV8 web site.
1694226807558.png

JMCBraptor

Feb 18, 2023
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
2021 Ram 3500 Megacab
Current Ride #2
Escalade V ,Raptor R, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
Nicely done, love your use of soundskins. I wonder if they are concerned the Raptor drivetrain under compression may interfere with the bottom which is lower. Not sure I would ever compress my rear suspension that far, but maybe a high speed off road jump may. Or, maybe the DV8 team just haven't confirmed the clearance with the Raptor yet.
Screen shot below from DV8 web site.
I measured, I can’t see even at full stuff if I bottomed out the suspension…. No where it would hit.

Spiderwolf

Feb 14, 2023
Gallery
USA
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2012 JeepRubicon
thanks
The idiot who left that uplifter wire that far back in the back panel might not of even run a wire. Why not bring it to the back of the panel for easier access. I guess that’s asking g too much. I had to pry that whole panel off to find it using pry tools and going nice and slow and STILL broke two pieces of plastic off the panels not knowing they had flimsy crappy plastic welded pieces to the panel that the push retainers were mounted on instead of the panel itself. I would have been better off just fishing my own wire through there. Looks like I now need to order a new panel. Starting at the back those push pins are in the panel itself. No need to think the rest wouldn’t be the same. Never seen anything like this and it really pisses me off.

Attachments

• IMG_5334.jpeg
    IMG_5334.jpeg
    273.7 KB · Views: 27

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
jpeg16.jpg
jpeg15.jpg

Put these sill plate protectors on from Fast Intentions yesterday. I wasn't sure if I liked them or not so I waited to put them on. I do like them now. You don't even really notice them they seem to blend in which is nice. They tie in with all the code orange and they seem like they protect. Seem rugged. All good. When back in AZ I will be tackling some bigger mods for sure.

Spiderwolf

Feb 14, 2023
Gallery
USA
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2012 JeepRubicon
Thank god for plastic weld mix. Mixed it up. Clamped in place, good as new!

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
View attachment 9914View attachment 9915
Put these sill plate protectors on from Fast Intentions yesterday. I wasn't sure if I liked them or not so I waited to put them on. I do like them now. You don't even really notice them they seem to blend in which is nice. They tie in with all the code orange and they seem like they protect. Seem rugged. All good. When back in AZ I will be tackling some bigger mods for sure.
I got a set of four from Fast Intentions too. You can custom design them if you want to which I did. So mine are like yours but solid lettering. They say, Raptor in the front and the rear ones are just the R. They look great, are perfected color-matched and wear very well.

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
Where did you get the pedals
There are two companies that sell essentially the same aluminum aftermarket pedal design: Mabett and the TTRR-II. I got the dead pedal one as well but I have the OEM rubber floorboard cover over my carpeting and the rubber mat pushes the dead pedal off kilter due to spacing. So I just that pedal cover out.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
OK, so not the most interesting mods, but today I ordered the rubber back seat cover and the the metal brake, gas and dead pedals. It just seems that a Raptor type vehicle needs upgraded pedals as opposed to the standard type. I did not order the paracord handles yet, does recommend them?
There are two companies that sell essentially the same aluminum aftermarket pedal design: Mabett and the TTRR-II. I got the dead pedal one as well but I have the OEM rubber floorboard cover over my carpeting and the rubber mat pushes the dead pedal off kilter due to spacing. So I just that pedal cover out.
I also installed the Mabett pedal covers after reading your first post above. The accelerator pedal cover slides over our OEM plastic pedal, brake replaces our OEM rubber cover, and the dead pedal sticks to the OEM plastic pedal box. All 3 are very solid with OEM appearance. I removed the TuxMat for this photo below as the TuxMat completely covers the dead pedal.

IMG_5440.jpeg

IMG_5439.jpeg

There are a number of Amazon vendors as @Apache 8 mentioned and they appear to be the same covers. My Brake and Accelerator pedal are Mabett, the Dead pedal is from IAG as the Mabett was not available at the time, but they appear to be the identical manufacture.

Last edited:

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
2 very simple visual mods installed this weekend. One is a little more obvious (FP via GGrob) and the other being some taillight tint from UndergroundGRFX.

More functional upgrades planned over the next couple of weeks as I’m awaiting delivery of Morimoto 2Bangers from 4x4TruckLEDs for the A-Pillars to go with a DD 30in Combo LED Bar for the bumper. While I’m at it the plan is also installing a fresh set of WeatherPack connectors for all of the Upfitter connections under the hood.

Also added a Raptor Off-Roadeo sticker and relocated my ode to KB43 and all fellow Hoonigans.

IMG_5010.jpeg

IMG_5012.jpeg

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
2 very simple visual mods installed this weekend. One is a little more obvious (FP via GGrob) and the other being some taillight tint from UndergroundGRFX.

More functional upgrades planned over the next couple of weeks as I’m awaiting delivery of Morimoto 2Bangers from 4x4TruckLEDs for the A-Pillars to go with a DD 30in Combo LED Bar for the bumper. While I’m at it the plan is also installing a fresh set of WeatherPack connectors for all of the Upfitter connections under the hood.

Also added a Raptor Off-Roadeo sticker and relocated my ode to KB43 and all fellow Hoonigans.

View attachment 9922

View attachment 9923
I put that decal on mine too. The main sticker is intact after about two months but the three vertical strips at the bottom didn’t take long to fly off. 😂

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Just starting to prep for new ADD Rock Fighter rear bumper arriving tomorrow. Step 1 was removing the stock rear mud flaps from the flares. I had exactly 1 out of 12 of the push pin clip screws actually back out like it’s supposed to. The others just spun. Resulted to brute force with a panel tool, all came out intact and no collateral damage. It got pretty easy after popping the first few out, but it just seems wrong. Oh well.

With a little luck there’ll be bumper pics tomorrow.
IMG_7541.jpeg
IMG_7542.jpeg

Last edited:

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Bumper is off. Wiring harness and sensors removed, ready for delivery.

Notice install videos are always on pristine new vehicles. I loosen the last upper bolt on the bumper bracket, the bumper shifts and a little bit of every trail I’ve been on comes avalanching down on my face.

There are innumerable nooks and crannies for dirt to get into on the bumper. Even worse than the front as the rear has a plastic cover. All part of the fun I suppose!

Adding bumper internal pics if anyone’s interested…
IMG_7545.jpeg
IMG_7546.jpeg

Last edited:

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
ADD Rock Fighter Bumper arrived today…and it’s on!

ADD bumper is pretty stout, came packed like they were shipping a gallon of Ebola virus and an armed nuclear warhead and all the parts were present and fit perfectly. Budget 2 hours to process the pallet, cardboard, a cubic yard of expanding foam and a variety of pads. its going take a couple weeks to get that out in recycling and garbage bins.

However, the install had its moments. Since the ADD is considerably thicker than the factory steel bumper, there is a lot of trimming to do on the sensor and license plate light brackets. As if pulling out wiring harnesses wasn’t enough fun. That said this would be an issue with any thicker bumper.

But it’s all done on same day as delivery, sensors all work great, bumpers looks fantastic (IMO) and big improvement in clearance vs OEM.

IMG_7560.jpeg
IMG_7561.jpeg
IMG_7563.jpeg

Spiderwolf

Feb 14, 2023
Gallery
USA
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2012 JeepRubicon
I went with the Bodyguard bumpers front and rear. To me they are the best looking bumpers around for the Raptor. I put the dual Ford Performance rigid lights at the mirrors and am still in the process of wiring up the front and rear bumper and lights and the bull bar light.
IMG_5333.jpeg
IMG_5332.jpeg
IMG_5337.jpeg

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
nice looking bumpers.

Just curious how does the intercooler breathe? It looks pretty boxed in…

How much did this affect the approach angle?

Spiderwolf

Feb 14, 2023
Gallery
USA
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2012 JeepRubicon
nice looking bumpers.

Just curious how does the intercooler breathe? It looks pretty boxed in…

How much did this affect the approach angle?
The new bigger intercooler does away with the motorized flaps up front and the non motorized ones in the rear for better air flow at all times. The motor that operated them stays plugged in and is zip tied to a bracket so as not to throw codes.

Top Member Reactions