What did you do to your Bronco Raptor today?

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX

hallihh

Nov 17, 2022
Gallery
Newcastle, WA
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor, Tesla Model X
Let´s keep those bumper installations going. I have been installing the Maxlider bumpers to my Raptor over the last couple of days, accompanied with the Vision X pocket lights and a Warn winch.

I picket those because I felt the solutions regarding the ACC module and the intercooler were acceptable, and I didn´t have to relocate the camera... and a good looking one too!

IMG_7194.JPG

IMG_7195.JPG

IMG_7196.JPG

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Cross Bar inserts and Shackles
Love the LP4’s across the bumper. Looking to do something similar. I assume you had to drill holes to mount them? Or is there some sort of mounting bracket underneath that utilizes the factory bolts?

Praptor

Dec 5, 2022
Gallery
Connecticut
Current Ride
2022 Badlands Sas
Current Ride #2
2022 Tesla Plaid
Love the LP4’s across the bumper. Looking to do something similar. I assume you had to drill holes to mount them? Or is there some sort of mounting bracket underneath that utilizes the factory bolts?
4x4truckleds has a specific bracket to attach. I didn't love their wiring harness and ended up doing something different to wire that was more minimal and concealed. Lights are incredible and backlighting I wired to the fog switch, so the backlighting comes on with the headlights and parking lights.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I think so. I like the stock wheels better then what I see available aftermarket so far.
I'm anxious to hear what you think about the ride after you swap them out and how they wear with street use.

JMCBraptor

Feb 18, 2023
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
2021 Ram 3500 Megacab
Current Ride #2
Escalade V ,Raptor R, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
I'm anxious to hear what you think about the ride after you swap them out and how they wear with street use.
I have a friend who has a set on a Non Raptor Bronco. 14k miles on them with zero issues. I think thats pretty amazing for these tires.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Upcoming project now that all of the parts are in. The Labor Day Sale from @4x4TruckLEDs.com caused a little shopping spree.

• Diode Dynamics 30” Light Bar, Amber Combo
  • Clear Driving Outer Lens for 3 interior light sections on Bar
  • Morimoto 2Banger HXB Yellow Wide Beam
  • Collection of SPV Weather Pack Connectors for all Upfitter and Accessory Wiring

Seriously doubt I’ll think about touching it this weekend as I need to start with my wiring and then get to the lights…might wait for a rainy day with nothing else to do.

IMG_5024.jpeg

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
So sort of as-promised, but decided to go in a little different direction. As you can see from the previous pictures I have a DD 30" Light Bar and Morimoto 2-Banger Pod lights. I also purchased a number of WeatherPack Connectors and 2-Way Splitters from SPV to shore-up the wiring.

Well after planning out the wiring and really thinking about it I decided to alter my hardware plans. I ended up purchasing some Strands Qube Pod Lights from Brightsource in Canada (they were the only NA retailer I could find). as I really liked the backlight bar and overall brightness of the Qube. As it turns out, there's now a US retailer for Strands in the US that will make it a little more straightforward to purchase and they offer harnesses from Brightsource (so win/win for both parties). In order to get the Qube Amber backlight to work I purchased a Bronco Backlight Adapter from SPV to make that part plug/play.

Even though I purchased the additional harness for the Qube I ended up building my own extension harness and then used the SPV 2-Way Splitters to bring everything together. If I would have used the harness that I purchased with the Qube I would have had to modify it anyway to remove the button mechanism from the system.

Here's a picture of my home-made harness using the connectors for the Qubes along with some 14-gauge wire wrapped with harness tape and the 2-way splitters to bring it all together:
1695400001491.png

When it came time to get it all installed it took me a minute to figure out where the connectors were for the headlights to insert the SPV Backlight Adapter. As it turns out they have a video walking you through it that I had missed...but easy enough as it's under the airbox.

After taking my time and getting everything installed, tie-wrapped and put back together I have some initial pictures of the Qubes with the backlights turned on. I have them turned out ~10deg right now but might fine-tune after testing them out at night.
1695400199557.png

1695400215109.png

So now I'm at the point of deciding what to do with the light bar. I'm highly tempted to sell the DD bar that I purchased and go buy the 32" Strands single row curved light bar and have it connect into the backlight adapter as well. So if anyone is interested in the DD 30" Combo light bar, it's going to be up for sale soon. It comes with all amber lenses + 3 clear driving lenses if you prefer that output.

Gibby1392

Apr 16, 2023
Gallery
Washington
Military
US Navy
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2019 Dodge Charger Scatpack
I know I posted somewhere in here about installing a UPR catch can and not having any oil in it after 3K miles or so. Well I have about 5600miles on it and checked it today after an oil change and lo and behold oil! Just wanted to post this in case anyone was curious. I’m happy with it.
I have one on my charger and I feel it’s done well for it. Ive noticed my oil when changing looks a bit cleaner and I don’t have as much black soot on my exhaust tips.

Attachments

• IMG_7721.mov
    18.5 MB

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Today I installed Foutz Rear Shock Skids which I’ll post separately on and a small thing that’s been bugging me for a while.

I replaced my very over logo-ed Ford Performance covers on my light bar with amber Rigid logos. All four covers still has a logo, but they’re far more discrete now. That said my truck visibly says Rigid on it 10 times and I don’t even have the stock bumper lights installed!

IMG_7955.jpeg
IMG_8011.jpeg

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I added the new amber fog light covers from Rigid and I love them! It's almost a perfect match to the OEM amber marker lights, they add protection to the OEM fog lights, and now I get the use of the additional driving lights that had the blacked-out covers on them.

IMG_0058.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0066.jpeg

IMG_0065.jpeg

IMG_0079.jpeg

IMG_0081.jpeg

Last edited:

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
I added the new amber fog light covers from Rigid and I love them! It's almost a perfect match to the OEM amber marker lights, they add protection to the OEM fog lights, and now I get the use of the additional driving lights that had the blacked-out covers on them.

View attachment 10211
View attachment 10212
View attachment 10213
View attachment 10214
View attachment 10215
View attachment 10223

Great minds think alike…I did the exact same thing this week with mine.

My thinking is for dust/fog conditions I can use the factory fog and spot (I replaced the second pair with the Rigid Spot version) with the amber covers. For all other situations where additional lighting is required I have the clear pods and light bar (to be installed soon).

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
I added the new amber fog light covers from Rigid and I love them!

Looks great, but you guys are killin’ me!

Now I’m considering putting my bumper ends / factory lights back on and spending a little more money to get these. Those little air dams have to go though.

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
Looks great, but you guys are killin’ me!

Now I’m considering putting my bumper ends / factory lights back on and spending a little more money to get these. Those little air dams have to go though.
Killin' me too. I need to start making a list. I will forget everything I want to do.

They look great!

Top Member Reactions