What did you do to your Bronco Raptor today?

412Brap

Jul 13, 2023
Gallery
PNW via #412
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Aston Martin DBX707
My upgrade today was tuning the nut behind the wheel. Little dusk snow wheeling!
GRA01307.jpeg
GRA01302.jpeg

Last edited:

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
Today ordered RTR rims Evo 6 - 17 x 9, + 18, It was them or Icon's. As well, booked to get Xpel PPF 8mm on the doors, rear quarter panels, tail gate, headlights and grill. It is already on the hood, front quarter panels and around the windshield. So this will basically complete the whole vehicle. Plus ceramic coat over top.

I have been getting some minor stone chips on the doors and some light pinstriping on the doors and rear quarter panels. I think I caught it just in time.

I had planned on getting the rim and after looking at the doors the other day I needed to do the PPF now before it gets worse. What's a guy to do?
rtr-evo-6-satin-charcoal-bronco-wheel-v1-1__63144.1686333768.jpeg

412Brap

Jul 13, 2023
Gallery
PNW via #412
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Aston Martin DBX707
Today ordered RTR rims Evo 6 - 17 x 9, + 18, It was them or Icon's. As well, booked to get Xpel PPF 8mm on the doors, rear quarter panels, tail gate, headlights and grill. It is already on the hood, front quarter panels and around the windshield. So this will basically complete the whole vehicle. Plus ceramic coat over top.

I have been getting some minor stone chips on the doors and some light pinstriping on the doors and rear quarter panels. I think I caught it just in time.

I had planned on getting the rim and after looking at the doors the other day I needed to do the PPF now before it gets worse. What's a guy to do? View attachment 11324
Pinstriping is real. I traded in my 2019 4Runner for my BRaptor. When I talked to my salesman, they said it took 2 people 9 days to repair all the pinstriping on the Runner before resale. I took my BRaptor straight. for full truck PPF right after delivery.
Today, came back to the truck after skiing to see a lady and her 2 kids spill their skis against the car. They were horrified. I said "no worries, who truck is wrapped in PPF, but be more careful next time as most trucks aren't". She was relieved.

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3

I had planned on getting the rim and after looking at the doors the other day I needed to do the PPF now before it gets worse. What's a guy to do? View attachment 11324
Good Choice in wheels

9241B9AE-E367-4D01-ADEB-DB6E014DE250.jpeg

Turbo yzel

Oct 9, 2023
Gallery
DMV
Current Ride
2022 Braptor
Pinstriping is real. I traded in my 2019 4Runner for my BRaptor. When I talked to my salesman, they said it took 2 people 9 days to repair all the pinstriping on the Runner before resale. I took my BRaptor straight. for full truck PPF right after delivery.
Today, came back to the truck after skiing to see a lady and her 2 kids spill their skis against the car. They were horrified. I said "no worries, who truck is wrapped in PPF, but be more careful next time as most trucks aren't". She was relieved.
They could have just sanded and re clear coat the truck in 1/2 day

Instead of trying to get pin stripes out 🤣🤷‍♂️

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Installed Lethal Performance exclusive painted mirror caps. A few noteworthy observations:
  • These are Ford OEM mirror caps professionally painted with clearcoat and baked finish per Lethal Performance's orders. The imprinted part number on the inside was exact match to my OEM black covers.
  • Watch Lethal Performance's install video in the link below, likely more than once and particularly the section where Joe is unclipping and removing the original caps.
  • Take notice of the back side of the new unmounted mirrror cap tabs so you will know what portion of the clip stays and what is part of the mirror cap.
  • I needed a flashlight to illuminate the clips while using a small flat screwdriver to push the clips inward away from the surrounding mirror cap.
  • I did this install by myself, but would have appreciated an assistant holding and coordinating a slight pull on the mirror cap.
  • Once the 4 clips are released, it still requires some finagling to remove the caps, take your time while remembering all the components are plastic, the clips that could possibly break are part of the mirror assembly.
  • Installing the new caps are much easier than the removal process, once again take your time, make sure all the edges are flush to the mirror surround and snapped into place, the results will be perfect.
  • By myself, in not so prefect lighting conditions, took about an hour to complete removal and installation. Subsequent installs would be much quicker.
  • I plan to install PPF to these new painted mirror caps in the spring when I remove it from winter storage.
  • I didn't mind the black caps, but I really like these painted caps, appears much more finished with a better orange to black balance.
  • I like having my original unaltered mirror caps for spares, now safely wrapped in the packaging from Lethal Performance.

IMG_6004.jpeg

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
Anyone with the trail sight lights? I am in the middle of the install and the wiring is just not going to work. Do you have any insights as to what I need to do on the Raptor since it's so much wider? I have the lights themselves installed, just need a tip on the wire routing and if I need to add some length to the the harness?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Anyone with the trail sight lights? I am in the middle of the install and the wiring is just not going to work. Do you have any insights as to what I need to do on the Raptor since it's so much wider? I have the lights themselves installed, just need a tip on the wire routing and if I need to add some length to the the harness?
There are several install video's on YouTube, maybe one of them is demonstrating the wiring, search for "bronco trail sight lights"

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
There are several install video's on YouTube, maybe one of them is demonstrating the wiring, search for "bronco trail sight lights"
I've done that and most gloss over these wires. Wish someone would put out a full install video that covers this part. Maybe Mabett or any others that make these should start doing full install videos instead of shorts that touch the high points of an install. even users who do it cut the video and say it's installed. Thanks for the tips, sorry I am a little frustrated lol.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
I don't see why anything would be different with the BRaptor as the hood is the same width as the standard models. I installed an adapter to my headlights to access power for led backlights and it was pretty straightforward. The plugs are just behind each headlight. I think I had to remove the plastic cover at the front of the hood but that was about it.

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
Figured out a way to get them installed. When you pull the fender liners back to get to the headlight plugs there is a frame tube you can fish the wires through and it gives you enough distance to plug the wire in. Plus it is cleaner than zip tying them to the back of the bumper. they now light up with the DRL's and are working with the turn signals. Will get pics when done with install.

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
Got them wired and installed. Was a little wonky since we couldn't get the fenders liners out like a regular bronco. But wired up and work as sequenti turn signals.

20231228_160057.jpg20231228_160109.jpg

Will edit with lit up pictures tomorrow. Forgot them while snapping these lol.

GTO66

Dec 22, 2023
Colorado
Current Ride
23 Raptor
Current Ride #2
73 Bronco, 66 GTO, 23 Genesis GV70
Hey great stuff! The MOLLE tailgate setup, did you have to make modifications for it to fit? When I go to the site it says "not for Raptor". Thanks.

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
US Army Military Police K9
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Just installed Diode Dynamics HitchMount LED Pod Reverse Kit. As usual with the Braptor it went in a little different then the regular Bronco. In the video Diode Dynamics Hitch Light Install & Review Its a lot smoother.
I had to work around the exhaust tips. The Lighting is excellent, I have a dark barn where the Braptor get parked. Having this light works so well when parking my Braptor.
here is where I was able to order the part Diode Dynamics HitchMount LED

Attachments

• PXL_20231231_033128165.jpg
    PXL_20231231_033128165.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 24
  • PXL_20231231_033132843.jpg
    PXL_20231231_033132843.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 26
  • PXL_20231231_033137368.jpg
    PXL_20231231_033137368.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 25
  • PXL_20231231_033209526.jpg
    PXL_20231231_033209526.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Continuing the reverse light theme, I finally decided on and installed my reverse light / chase light “solution” today.

I ended up going with a pair of Diode Dynamics SS2 Pros with clear spot /flood lenses (and red backlighting), the Diode Dynamics wiring harness, amber lens covers and a Fast Intentions spare tire mount bracket.

The installation went pretty well, but you do have to get into a LOT of places, especially for the optional Auxilliary Switch wiring. DD has a very good install video that covers the entire install in pretty good detail. However they are using a 2DR Bronco. Key differences are there’s no muffler / heat shielding to deal with (easier on Raptor) and fishing the optional aux harness under the interior trunk panels (harder as the panel is longer). The DD video is a good resource regardless of the lights you choose.

ive said it before, I’ll say it again, ”why couldn’t those sadistic engineers at Ford given us an extra foot of wire on all the Aux wiring end points?”. They took what was a brilliant concept and made it a PITA to actually implement in a number of hard to get at places. That said, I’m still glad they pre-wired everything.

Fast Intentions Raptor specific bracket is well made, sturdy and includes all necessary hardware. It’s just really expensive for what it is.

DD Bronco wiring harness works perfectly on the Bronco Raptor. It includes the harness that pigtails into the taillight harness for reverse light trigger and parking lights for the back light, optional plug and play upfitter harness so you can manually turn on/off the lights with Aux or other switch for Chase/work light functionality (or managing the odd tailgater) and a DT connector splitter for connecting to two closely located lights (like on spare tire mount). All this for $80 seems like a bargain, whether you use DD lights or not.

The lights are bright as hell, despite opting for more diffuse lenses. I probably would have opted for the standard lights vs. Pros, if I had it to do over. I think the optional amber lens covers do make it a more bearable chase light for those behind me.

After installing I dashed off to the cabin in the defender to ski for a couple days (finally some snow is coming) so I wont get a chance to test reverse lights at night for awhile , but I’m not anticipating being under lit by a pretty wide margin.

Note: I would have just gotten the full DD Bronco reverse light kit, but they only make a Bronco specific spare tire bracket.

much much brighter with naked eye versus the camera.
IMG_9923.jpeg

pigtail is a tight fit to get pigtail Plugged in and tucked away. Kind of a pain to pull the OEM plug apart. Definitely orient the harness wiring before plugging it in so it fits neatly.
IMG_9917.jpeg

This is the way the video tells you to route harness as it comes down through the bumper. I decided to go behind the bolt/bushing but then still go through the frame as seen on the right. I think this reduces the risk of something snagging the harness
IMG_9920.jpeg

fishing the splitter through the tailgate was easy, just pick the option under the flap that gives most direct fit.
IMG_9919.jpeg

Splitter as it comes through the tire mount, there is way more slack than shown here, but not a lot of wiggle room once the tire is installed.
IMG_9918.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9915.jpeg
    IMG_9915.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 14

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
Hey great stuff! The MOLLE tailgate setup, did you have to make modifications for it to fit? When I go to the site it says "not for Raptor". Thanks.
Might want to hit reply to the post you are referring to. Makes it easier for us to know who you are asking. Welcome to the site.

bendawg

Jul 31, 2023
Gallery
New York
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Continuing the reverse light theme, I finally decided on and installed my reverse light / chase light “solution” today.

I ended up going with a pair of Diode Dynamics SS2 Pros with clear spot /flood lenses (and red backlighting), the Diode Dynamics wiring harness, amber lens covers and a Fast Intentions spare tire mount bracket.

The installation went pretty well, but you do have to get into a LOT of places, especially for the optional Auxilliary Switch wiring. DD has a very good install video that covers the entire install in pretty good detail. However they are using a 2DR Bronco. Key differences are there’s no muffler / heat shielding to deal with (easier on Raptor) and fishing the optional aux harness under the interior trunk panels (harder as the panel is longer). The DD video is a good resource regardless of the lights you choose.

ive said it before, I’ll say it again, ”why couldn’t those sadistic engineers at Ford given us an extra foot of wire on all the Aux wiring end points?”. They took what was a brilliant concept and made it a PITA to actually implement in a number of hard to get at places. That said, I’m still glad they pre-wired everything.

Fast Intentions Raptor specific bracket is well made, sturdy and includes all necessary hardware. It’s just really expensive for what it is.

DD Bronco wiring harness works perfectly on the Bronco Raptor. It includes the harness that pigtails into the taillight harness for reverse light trigger and parking lights for the back light, optional plug and play upfitter harness so you can manually turn on/off the lights with Aux or other switch for Chase/work light functionality (or managing the odd tailgater) and a DT connector splitter for connecting to two closely located lights (like on spare tire mount). All this for $80 seems like a bargain, whether you use DD lights or not.

The lights are bright as hell, despite opting for more diffuse lenses. I probably would have opted for the standard lights vs. Pros, if I had it to do over. I think the optional amber lens covers do make it a more bearable chase light for those behind me.

After installing I dashed off to the cabin in the defender to ski for a couple days (finally some snow is coming) so I wont get a chance to test reverse lights at night for awhile , but I’m not anticipating being under lit by a pretty wide margin.

Note: I would have just gotten the full DD Bronco reverse light kit, but they only make a Bronco specific spare tire bracket.

much much brighter with naked eye versus the camera.
View attachment 11369
pigtail is a tight fit to get pigtail Plugged in and tucked away. Kind of a pain to pull the OEM plug apart. Definitely orient the harness wiring before plugging it in so it fits neatly.
View attachment 11374
This is the way the video tells you to route harness as it comes down through the bumper. I decided to go behind the bolt/bushing but then still go through the frame as seen on the right. I think this reduces the risk of something snagging the harness
View attachment 11371
fishing the splitter through the tailgate was easy, just pick the option under the flap that gives most direct fit.
View attachment 11372
Splitter as it comes through the tire mount, there is way more slack than shown here, but not a lot of wiggle room once the tire is installed.
View attachment 11373

Thanks for sharing this approach. Will you be using the chase light as a 3rd brake as well and removing the obstructive factory 3rd?

Top Member Reactions