Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
The increase on the MSRP plus tax and reg makes it 100k
Increases as shown: MSRP (2x), ADM, doc fee, and sales tax (based on increasing subtotal)

Registration is still yet to come, ~$230. The wonderful "Doc Fee" only covers the $6 title fee, the rest is pure profit or "overhead" as they say. That said, these cowboys were the 'best price' in the intermountain west. As @Ironmike has said, it'll all melt away once you get behind the wheel.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Wow that sucks. Maybe I'll give up on the dream. I'm not paying six figures for a vehicle I plan to take off road.
Never give up on a dream, hang in there and keep the faith, it's definitely worth the effort and the wait.

irishkpo

Aug 16, 2022
Gallery
Minnesota
Current Ride
'23 - Raptor - Code Orange (mine) AND on order a '24 HLE 2dr - Yellowstone (wife's)
Current Ride #2
Rental Car of the week...
Believe it or not.... I got mine for $3k under the sticker price. Agreed to an MSRP sale when I ordered it. So was very surprised when the I started signing paperwork. $83450 was the sticker but my paperwork was written up for $80450. I'm not complaining at ALL.

Bear007

Mar 19, 2023
Gallery
Fort McMurry Alberta
Current Ride
09 Spyder Eclipse
Current Ride #2
2023 Braptor
Mine is 89573 and isn’t on this list - arrived at dealer on Thursday. They floated a $20k+ ADM after forgetting our verbal agreement when I threatened to move my golden ticket to another dealer (I agreed to $5k ADM). Meeting with sales manager Monday (who is who I agreed with and who has been out on vacation) to hopefully complete sale. You all will hear more from me if I get shafted - will be looking for ways and ideas around how to best punish them and make them feel at least some pain for being dishonest.View attachment 6204View attachment 6205
2023 BRaptor Sales
(Snapshot: 20230217) Active Known MY23 Internet Sales = 222

[1] Obtain VIN
[2] Use window sticker to get order number and Blend Date; * = window sticker not available
https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=
[3] Use tracking website to get production status and dealer contact info
https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/
[4] Ford's take on Flippers
https://fordauthority.com/2023/03/ford-dealers-could-get-penalized-for-selling-to-flippers/

View attachment 6222

View attachment 6192
View attachment 6191
View attachment 6193
View attachment 6194
View attachment 6195
ChilliPepper
Where did you get the sales records with the VIN numbers? I am from Canada and the VIN number search manufacturer date doesn’t work on the ford.com website and the Canadian search site has not been updated since February 9th and I am stuck in limbo with a Canadian order number and a vin number.
I have a chart that references vin number to manufacture month. Might not be 100% accurate with supply shortages but might be close.
I would appreciate the help.
D363BB8B-323E-4842-B1D9-3C85BD138C2E.png

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
The list of VINs was available internet sales at the time. The way I understand your part number chart, it is for components, not VIN (vehicle identification number).

OP
M

mavicmavs

Feb 16, 2023
Gallery
Flagstaff
Current Ride
Hummer H3
Just heard from a dealer asking if I wanted to make a special order. I was excited and then he told me Raptor is not one they are doing special orders for. Welp. Good thing I like my current car. I can wait.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Cars.com Update
163 Bronco Raptors for sale from $94.8k to $195k
101 are MY22
62 are MY23

Typical price drops after initial elevated ADM = $10k to $45k

Total inventory is down from 313 in FEB, which says that some people are willing to pay high ADMs. A review of several CARFAX histories shows that 1st owners are driving the vehicle from 0-5000 miles then putting it up for sale.

AutoTrader.com Update
422 Bronco Raptors for sale from $80k to $195k (some multiple listings with Cars.com)
131 are MY22
291 are MY23

JDPowers Update
351 Bronco Raptors for sale from $73k to $195k (some multiple listings with Cars.com and AutoTrader.com)
114 are MY22
237 are MY23

BRaptors listed at MSRP are typically sales bait (buyer beware); do your homework, review the sticker and understand the total purchase cost.

Last edited:
OP
M

mavicmavs

Feb 16, 2023
Gallery
Flagstaff
Current Ride
Hummer H3
Cars.com Update
163 Bronco Raptors for sale from $94.8k to $195k
101 are MY22
62 are MY23

Typical price drops after initial elevated ADM = $10k to $45k

Observations: total internet inventory is down from 313 in FEB, which says that some people are willing to pay high ADMs. A review of several CARFAX histories shows that 1st owners are driving the vehicle from 0-5000 miles then putting it up for sale.
Insane prices. Maybe I'll just buy regular Bronco and build it up.

OP
M

mavicmavs

Feb 16, 2023
Gallery
Flagstaff
Current Ride
Hummer H3
Insane prices. Maybe I'll just buy regular Bronco and build it up.
Just got called by a dealer I've had contact with before. They are taking allocations and I just custom ordered one in Code Orange. It'll be at MSRP. I won't breathe a sigh of relief until I'm driving it home but it sounds promising.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Just got called by a dealer I've had contact with before. They are taking allocations and I just custom ordered one in Code Orange. It'll be at MSRP. I won't breathe a sigh of relief until I'm driving it home but it sounds promising.
Excellent! Congratulations, I'm happy for you! 🍻

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
Thanks buddy! I appreciate your encouragement in telling me I'd be able to find one.
it'll be interesting to see what the MSRP is by the time your price locks in. Hopefully the big escalations in price are behind you.
Great to get one at MSRP. Hope it comes soon.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Last edited:

erjdrvr

Feb 10, 2023
Gallery
Indy
Current Ride
Gen3
I cancelled my dealer stock order last week after the $5k increase! By my calculations it was a total increase of base & option prices over $10k in 60 days. Just put off by the whole process to do business with Ford.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
At this point the price increases seen over the last few months is almost equivalent to the ADM I paid. I can't say I feel like I got a good deal as much as I'm comfortable with what I accepted as it relates to resale and enjoyment.

On top of that my trade held enough premium to cover the ADM so ended up being a wash. I take the position that I'd be a little hypocritical to expect no premium for a new vehicle (esp for a high-demand vehicle) but higher than normal trade value.

And from what I can tell the trade values for JLU 4xe hasn't held up in the last few months and will continue to decline given the recent announcements of MY24 Wranglers and all of the upgrades. I knew there were going to be some substantial updates so aggressively worked to move out of my JLU before those landed.

Some would say I paid too much (esp my wife), others would say I came out ok. I say I don't give a $%^& as I'm far happier with my BRaptor than the JLU and pretty damn good at justifying it to myself ;)

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
At this point the price increases seen over the last few months is almost equivalent to the ADM I paid. I can't say I feel like I got a good deal as much as I'm comfortable with what I accepted as it relates to resale and enjoyment.

On top of that my trade held enough premium to cover the ADM so ended up being a wash. I take the position that I'd be a little hypocritical to expect no premium for a new vehicle (esp for a high-demand vehicle) but higher than normal trade value.

And from what I can tell the trade values for JLU 4xe hasn't held up in the last few months and will continue to decline given the recent announcements of MY24 Wranglers and all of the upgrades. I knew there were going to be some substantial updates so aggressively worked to move out of my JLU before those landed.

Some would say I paid too much (esp my wife), others would say I came out ok. I say I don't give a $%^& as I'm far happier with my BRaptor than the JLU and pretty damn good at justifying it to myself ;)
Amen!

66bronco

Founding Member
Aug 20, 2022
Gallery
Military
USN
Current Ride
66 Bronco
Probably just complaining, but if anyone has some helpful advice – most appreciated.

Build is supposed to be this week. Day two order holder. Deposit made March 3, 2021 and I traded in my golden ticket back in March 2022 when original order was still delayed. Finally got the window sticker last week. Well, base increased from the $68.5k, to now $83.5k. To add insult, spoke with the dealer today. Due to the number of Raptor orders they had, including mine, Ford gave them an additional allocation and it arrived last week - fully loaded, many more options than mine and yes, arrived before my order that gave them the allocation. It's base price was $10k less at $73k. It already sold with an ADM though.

I understand price protection not available, but 22% increase and they obviously delayed my order and advanced a dealer allocation.

Any advice? Anybody have good numbers for Ford - that might help with resolution? Yeah, dealer not charging ADM, but Ford is collecting anyway.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Probably just complaining, but if anyone has some helpful advice – most appreciated.

Build is supposed to be this week. Day two order holder. Deposit made March 3, 2021 and I traded in my golden ticket back in March 2022 when original order was still delayed. Finally got the window sticker last week. Well, base increased from the $68.5k, to now $83.5k. To add insult, spoke with the dealer today. Due to the number of Raptor orders they had, including mine, Ford gave them an additional allocation and it arrived last week - fully loaded, many more options than mine and yes, arrived before my order that gave them the allocation. It's base price was $10k less at $73k. It already sold with an ADM though.

I understand price protection not available, but 22% increase and they obviously delayed my order and advanced a dealer allocation.

Any advice? Anybody have good numbers for Ford - that might help with resolution? Yeah, dealer not charging ADM, but Ford is collecting anyway.
Bummer, I always hate to hear a sad story. My story isn't as bad and has a happy ending. Try this link. The key is your signed COVP and the DORA. Good luck!

66bronco

[edit] More thoughts . . . If your Golden Ticket COVP is time stamped March 2022 (for MY22), then you were price protected throughout the MY22. Assuming your order was converted to MY23, then you should have gotten a new COVP around SEP-OCT for MY23. Given your MY23 order is now being built in MY23, you are price protected back to your OCT 2022 MY23 COVP. True it is more than your MAR 2022 cost, but much less than the APR 2023 window sticker. Also see this link.

Last edited:

JMCBraptor

Feb 18, 2023
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
2021 Ram 3500 Megacab
Current Ride #2
Escalade V ,Raptor R, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve

that bites... Sorry to hear that! I did see a list of email contacts for all the higher ups at ford... I would start with that. You can google and see if they are current but I would send an email every 5 min!!! Maybe i have a problem.... Good Luck!

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Top Member Reactions