What did you do to your Bronco Raptor today?

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
US Army Military Police K9
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
You have been busy, looks good.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Went out to Prairie City SVRA today. Figured I’d play around before washing the truck after two days wheeling on Peligreen Jeep Trail near Red Bluff, CA.

Short clip of some of the activities.
Jumps? Check.
Grinding Side Step I forgot to remove? Check.
General mayhem? Check.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
Day 4
  • Removed spare tire, tire mount, camera, and 3rd light
  • Installed JCR tire delete panel (covers and protects positive pressure vents in tailgate)
  • Installed grab handles for passenger seats
  • Installed rear seat protection for cargo area.
  • Removed OEM rear bumper

Day 5
  • Installed JCR Vanguard rear bumper (w/ slight modification for bracket interference)
  • Installed Rigid 3x3 cube lights in bumper
  • Started rerouting wiring for camera, 3rd light and license plate light.

0508231624.jpg
0509231712a.jpg
0509231356a~2.jpg0509231356b~2.jpg
0509231445.jpg
0509231521.jpg

JMCBraptor

Feb 18, 2023
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
2021 Ram 3500 Megacab
Current Ride #2
Escalade V ,Raptor R, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
Day 4
  • Removed spare tire, tire mount, camera, and 3rd light
  • Installed JCR tire delete panel (covers and protects positive pressure vents in tailgate)
  • Installed grab handles for passenger seats
  • Installed rear seat protection for cargo area.
  • Removed OEM rear bumper

Day 5
  • Installed JCR Vanguard rear bumper (w/ slight modification for bracket interference)
  • Installed Rigid 3x3 cube lights in bumper
  • Started rerouting wiring for camera, 3rd light and license plate light.

View attachment 8131
View attachment 8132
View attachment 8133View attachment 8134
View attachment 8136
View attachment 8135
Did you upgrade your speakers; looks like the sub is upgraded? Also why delete the tire carrier are you mounting it to the bumper?

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
Did you upgrade your speakers; looks like the sub is upgraded? Also why delete the tire carrier are you mounting it to the bumper?
That's a project for another time.

Yes, I will have dual swing arms on the JCR bumper, tire carrier on passenger side and fuel, water and maxtrak on driver side. Maybe the maxtrak will go up on the rack. Still debating the hi-lift jack location.

Last edited:

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Went out to Prairie City SVRA today. Figured I’d play around before washing the truck after two days wheeling on Peligreen Jeep Trail near Red Bluff, CA.

Short clip of some of the activities.
Jumps? Check.
Grinding Side Step I forgot to remove? Check.
General mayhem? Check.

Great video, well done! You must have aced the landings since in the video it didn’t appear you had liftoff. (y) (y)

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
looking sharp hope, you had a fun 20 miles.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Great video, well done! You must have aced the landings since in the videa it didn’t appear you had liftoff. (y) (y)
I have no expertise in launching a vehicle, but in my early unrecorded jumps at lower speed the I could hear the tires spin up as I went over the rise. In later attempts I got my speed up in the 60+mph range but got off the throttle at launch.

It’s a nicely graded tabletop so it doesn’t try to endo like some of the launches we’ve seen trying to jump road embankments.

There was a good picture in last months BROTM submissions of a white (I think) raptor on this same jump. It launched level.

I like using my truck but I’ve got no interest in nose diving my truck off a jump! If I can avoid it

JMCBraptor

Feb 18, 2023
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
2021 Ram 3500 Megacab
Current Ride #2
Escalade V ,Raptor R, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
This should be fun... I think when driving to these amazing places it should be in full comfort... SoundSkins not only quiets the noise deletes vibrations; It is also supposed to give heat rejection... Maybe in 120 Mohave weather we will notice it. Fingers crossed. I got the first door completed and i can say this stuff is pretty awesome! I did the exterior door skin which is an add on to the kit. I will post up once I get her finished... Fingers already feeling the pain...

1ECDC141-11EA-4B16-9983-5150865BD32C.jpeg
5551439D-55C0-48B6-BD04-0072D857987F.jpeg

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
This should be fun... I think when driving to these amazing places it should be in full comfort... SoundSkins not only quiets the noise deletes vibrations; It is also supposed to give heat rejection... Maybe in 120 Mohave weather we will notice it. Fingers crossed. I got the first door completed and i can say this stuff is pretty awesome! I did the exterior door skin which is an add on to the kit. I will post up once I get her finished... Fingers already feeling the pain...

View attachment 8233View attachment 8234
Good idea! I installed Dynamat on my Wrangler and SuperDuty with great results. The SuperDuty with it's large doors feel twice as heavy now but the outside noise was drastically reduced. Word of caution, don't press to hard as it's possible to deform the outside door skins, I remember an employee at Dynamat did this to their own vehicle while using the roller to apply. Please share your results post installation.

bwilly68

Founding Member
Apr 1, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Land Rover Defender
This should be fun... I think when driving to these amazing places it should be in full comfort... SoundSkins not only quiets the noise deletes vibrations; It is also supposed to give heat rejection... Maybe in 120 Mohave weather we will notice it. Fingers crossed. I got the first door completed and i can say this stuff is pretty awesome!

I did the dynamat door and rear cargo kit on mine a week or so ago. Definitely a big difference in road noise and noticeable improvement in audio quality. Doors also close with a nice Mercedes style thunk instead of the hollow tin can sound they started with. I’m sure soundskin will give similar if not better results with the extra layer of foam. I may convince myself to do the full floor install at some point.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Easiest Mod ever, installed Rigid amber fog light covers from Lethal Performance. Simply cut open plastic bag to remove cover and snap onto light. The OEM Rigid fog lights don't seem to offer much lighting under normal conditions so these offer additional accent lighting along with some lens protection. The amber tint is somewhat close to our amber/orange running lights but more on the amber side.

UPDATE Oct 9, 2023: Rigid has a new "Amber Pro" cover that matches out running lights even better than below.
Details in this thread.

IMG_4761.jpeg

IMG_4782.jpeg

Last edited:

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Installed the Ford Performance "F-150 Raptor & Bronco Raptor RIGID® Off-Road Driving Lamp Upgrade" kit. These are the lights, that according to Ford's launch video's on January 24, 2022, was anticipated to be coming on our Bronco Raptors that needed the covers to be legal. As we know we got 4 fog lights instead. It's possible Ford encountered a Federal lighting regulation for road vehicles that prevented them from installing at the factory, therefore offered as post sales accessory item. Information and Photo's in below thread.

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Last edited:

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Just picked up my BRaptor from the shop to have the rear Foutz Collars installed to get it back to level. You may remember that I had 1.5" collars installed up front and ended up having a front->rear squat of ~0.5". So had 1" collars installed on the rear to bring it back to level if not a slight rake. Will take pictures later when I get a moment but quick measurements now have it basically level. It's parked on a slope so might be a slight rake once I get it on level ground.

Top Member Reactions